Pedal on Parliament 2015 - 25th April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
On balance I'm not going to make it along to this, if it were local I'd go along for a while but I was planning to cycle through and back and the weather is to be **** early in Glasgow when I would be leaving and the same in Edinburgh at noon - it's set to clear up later in the west so might head out for a spin in the afternoon - I feel bad because it is a great cause but I'm sure I gave out enough leaflets that at least one extra person will be there to balance my absence out!

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Forecast much improved from yesterday's doom & gloom - why don't you catch the train @Harry_Palmer79 and join Pedestrian on Parliament? Same start, same finish, same amazing atmosphere ... and you would feel GOOD rather than bad :okay::angel:
There will be cake, and a few CCers :hugs:
As you say, it is a great cause, and if lots of people drop out, the turn-out could be a lot lower than in previous years :sad:

T

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
What an adventure!
@flyingfifi and I took two trains this drizzling morning to meet the Edinburgh Belles for a feeder ride.
Fifi's excellent navigation skills took us to Roseburn park no bother, then we pedalled to the Meadows, then onwards on parliament.
Lovely to see lots of cycle chatters that I don't see very often and also many Weegies cyclist that I see practically every day :laugh:
Fifi, @Harry_Palmer79 and I fancied riding back to Glasgow, as the weather had turned nice, if a bit windy.
After a desperate "get me out of Edinburgh" 6 miles - btw, the bus 34 must be going all the way to my flat, it never left us, first he was stuck behind us, then we let it pass, and we were stuck behind it! it was clear that I could not keep up with them two racers, so I got a train. The sign to the train station said Kilmarnock, but it was actually not Kilmarnock, it was something starting with a C ... was gonna take a picture of the name, but I got in conversation with a PoP inquisitive gentleman, so forgot all about the picture.
Once on the train I parked next to another bike sporting the PoP flag!
The owner of said bike was later to kindly give me the (wrong) direction from Uddingston station to the NCN 75, just as well I had been before and remembered how not to ride back to Edinburgh :laugh:
Meantime I find out that Fifi and Ross lost each other, wisely headed separately to the nearest train station, but I made it home first ... who would have though, at my speed, eh?
All in all a great day: I'm now sitting with the heating on and sunburn on my face :wacko:
@Scoosh @Telemark @snorri @Col5632 et all, nice to see you today :hello:
10984151_10152915660112956_1023398997142477619_n.jpg

Col5632

Guru
Great to see everybody today, ended up doing 50 miles today making it my best week on the bike ever :smile:

Here's to next year :smile:

flyingfifi

Über Member
That's why am called flyingfifi :girldance:not.It was so great to see you all today :hello:. yes it was very windy going back towards Livingston I find it hard after my resent op not full health yet I though I could do itxx( .after losing harry_palmer79 at the side of road :banghead:.I made my own way to the train station :girldance:

jim55

Guru
Any time Iv rode through east it's always worse coming back west as there's ALWAYS a headwind worth remembering I cycle east and get train back :smile:

Col5632

Guru
Any time Iv rode through east it's always worse coming back west as there's ALWAYS a headwind worth remembering I cycle east and get train back :smile:

I always head west first if I head out anywhere cause the wind is always coming from that direction and means a tailwind on the way home :smile:

Top Bottom