People trying to out 'special forces' each other on the Internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Racing roadkill
I was in the sand pit.

image.jpg

I escaped from Colditz
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvDah5ainTv95ss46g_IPCC3Wfu5dAekPkN1vkK-HMpNv5zX0cAQ.jpg

It's for life. You can, and will be improsoned for revealing any secret information. Hence why finding a real story from a real SF serviceman are few and far between. Anyone bragging is usually talking shite and they stand out like a dogs dick.

You'll know the real ones. They carry themselves in a certain way. I can't describe it. Very powerful men.

An Example: (one of many many quiet, unassuming people..)
P1000318.jpg

One such, who for me, carries a vast charismatic aura, sadly, now Deceased.(Robert Tong)

"...... Descending later that morning to take over sentry duties he ran into a German patrol that threw a grenade at him. He decided there was no point in hanging about and moving at speed managed to warn the others....."

Taken during the remembrance ceremony of the Italy Star Assoc. 2014

Last edited:
Falklands and Gulf War, two of our colleagues were champing at the bit to go.....

Perfectly happy with that. If you are posted then you go, but if someone is keen to volunteer then let thrm

A friend of mine had the opposite problem
They were in the Gulf during the run up and provided medical cover

Uncovered by the "rules" it was a hairy time

However because they were relived by HMS Argus immediately before hostilities opened they were not entitled as despite being there geographically there was no "combat role"

Big Dave laaa

Biking Ninja
Just after my dad was born in 1939, his dad went off to the army and ended up in Burma fighting the Japanese. He trained and ended up as a chindit and fought alongside the Gurkhas who he had the utmost respect for. He was presented with a ceremonial kukri before he returned home and my dad has it still. My granddad never spoke about what he did or what he saw and was the most unassuming person I ever met. My dad was 6 when he first remembers meeting him. We don't know we are born these days.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
My Father in Law always felt guilty about his role in the war. He was a cook in the RAF and spent his time in the relative safety of North Africa for most of the war. His two brothers fought all over in the infantry and came back with loads of medals for displaying a gallantry he was sure he possessed, but never got the opportunity to show.

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
That which might be seen to be appropriate in one environment is not necessarily appropriate in another. This environment is aiming to be a fun and friendly cycling forum. Perhaps you are in the wrong place. Have you tried knocking on the door at your nearest infantry barracks to see if they might let you in?
Yeah, It's a fun night out in a garrison town, when they've just got back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom