People trying to out 'special forces' each other on the Internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
I have a friend who was involved in the first Gulf war. When I say involved, he was in the RAF based in Hong Kong and was asked to stay late one night to crate up a couple of 'night sun' helicopter search lights. An act of selfless sacrifice that he got paid overtime for.

just a matter of point TVC, you don't get paid O.T in the Forces, you are salaried & do what you are told...

only saying. :biggrin:

Edit.

I have now read 'all' the posts.

Last edited:

Crandoggler

Another thing that really toots my flute, is something that happened today. I was in town, and there were the usual collection of 'spare any change guv' monkeys, peeing everyone off. One of these clowns attracted my attention, by the fact he had a sign, with "ex forces and homeless" written on it. Now I know that this certainly happens, and it's criminal as far as I'm concerned (but don't get me started on the whole 'help some mug who's jumped out of the back of a truck, but not somebody who's done their bit for Q.A.C.' thing). Anyway, I thought I'd ask the chap how he was etc. My spidey senses started to tingle, when he said he was with a regiment, I was fairly sure didn't exist. So I asked him what his service number was. "Oh I've forgotten, it was a long time ago". Oh dear:gun::cursing:

Waste of time anyway! He'd get more change by saying that he wants a can of special brew and 20 B&H. Who wants to put a penny in a soldiers hat anyway?

dodgy

Are you saying he didn't serve in the RAF?

Are you saying you're have difficulty reading my post?

subaqua

What’s the point
Waste of time anyway! He'd get more change by saying that he wants a can of special brew and 20 B&H. Who wants to put a penny in a soldiers hat anyway?

Like i do with all those begging on the street. ask if they want a drink ( hot in winter cold in summer - Non alcohol ) and something to eat, and telll them that i won't buy alcohol for them or give them money for them to buy alcohol. the genuine homeless will accept graciously . the scam artists just want the money.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I was in Afghan -

b1c4addb0f758a969cc95e931219f8df.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom