People trying to out 'special forces' each other on the Internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Lewis Collins taught me and my wife how to do a static parachute jump at head corn...a few years back...very quiet fella.

I did a static line parachute jump there, too, in 1981. Only the one: you don't know WHAT to expect the first time, but you do the next times.

I was in the Boys' Brigade, but I prefer not to talk about: having to close-up the latrines after a week's camp with 40+ boys and officers! :eek:xx(

young Ed

Veteran
seeing as i'm only 16 i'm the most impressive one to have been in the SAS 40 ear man and boy :tongue:
Cheers Ed

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
You met Lew Collins, the hardest man of the 1970's and early 80's? I'm deeply envious!
I think, at the time he was filming who dares wins...or had filmed it and had become a regular with the paras who trained down there?

It was about 20 years ago...(so 20 years after I had joined the SAS myself.) so its hard to recall.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Genuine SAS story (in the interests of upholding the irony of this thread)

My dad pulled one of his "dad hero" moments for me during the Iranian embassy siege. We were watching live reports when a plastic tarpaulin was pulled back and three range rovers drove through. As soon as he saw them, my dad (a copper of about 15 years by then) said..."SAS are on scene, it'll all be over soon."

And it was.

I figured he had recognised some of members of the sas...turns out he just recognised the range rovers.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
My butler was in the SAS,

He could also eat more pies than @vernon.

utter 80110CKS. :whistle:

Drago

Legendary Member
Genuine SAS story (in the interests of upholding the irony of this thread)

My dad pulled one of his "dad hero" moments for me during the Iranian embassy siege. We were watching live reports when a plastic tarpaulin was pulled back and three range rovers drove through. As soon as he saw them, my dad (a copper of about 15 years by then) said..."SAS are on scene, it'll all be over soon."

And it was.

I figured he had recognised some of members of the sas...turns out he just recognised the range rovers.

Similar story from my household. When Argentina invaded the Falklands I turned to my Grandad and asked what would happen?

He replied that a bunch of boys in maroon berets and a bunch of ****** **** ******* (politically incorrect term for the Gurkhas) would see to that.

And they did.

Last edited:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Everyone knows about the SAS and the SBS, but I'll warrant few of you have heard of the SCS or Special Cycle Service. I can't really talk about it, but suffice to say that only the best of the best can call themselves "Cyclists".
The babes can't resist them. Or so I heard...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom