People who you don't know from Adam

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

who randomly say to you in the street, pub, shop etc...

"Oh cheer up, it'll never happen"

Do they deserve

a) A swift kick to the gonads
:ohmy: Told to eff off and mind their own business
c) humoured and given a fake smile

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
a/.

Mr Phoebus

Tell them a partner/close friend has just passed away.
When they've filled your ears to overflowing with "Ahhhhh" and "Oooooh, I'm sorry" tell them, "Not really, but thanks for your kind words" :ohmy:

yello

None of the above as I know what they are referring to.

I have no idea why but I tend to look deep in thought even when in the happiest of moods. So I smile and tell them the truth - it's just how I look.

One of my exes used to respond "it already has ... my husband's just died". Of course he hadn't, but it was worth the look on their faces.:ohmy:
Slightly OT, but my standard response to anyone talking about "f***ing Pakis", which is depressingly common in my line of work, is to tell them I'm married to one. Which while it may not be at all true, at least makes them think.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I got hassled by a (presumably) drug-fuelled crusty at a local festival who couldn't accept that I wasn't feeling as happy as he was. His eyes were like saucers, so I don't think it was just the pleasure of listening to the music that put the manic smile on his face. He saw me looking very glum, tried hugging me and told me to "Lighten up man, nobody has died!" which would have been fine except, actually, my dad had... :ohmy:

My standard response to chirpy feckers like that is to look daggers at them with lashings of extra scorn.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Rhythm Thief said:
One of my exes used to respond "it already has ... my husband's just died". Of course he hadn't, but it was worth the look on their faces.:biggrin:
Slightly OT, but my standard response to anyone talking about "f***ing Pakis", which is depressingly common in my line of work, is to tell them I'm married to one. Which while it may not be at all true, at least makes them think.

did anyone ever come back with "i hope that none of the pakis i was ****ing was your wife…"?

horrible expression anyway :ohmy:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Just tell them "Shut Up, I'm trying to listen to the voices. <aside> Hmmmm. Maiming, yes, I'm sure that's the way to go..." whilst continuing to look distracted. :ohmy:

yenrod

Greedo said:
who randomly say to you in the street, pub, shop etc...

"Oh cheer up, it'll never happen"

Do they deserve

a) A swift kick to the gonads
B) Told to eff off and mind their own business
c) humoured and given a fake smile

Thats true - if i wanna be glum - i will ! :angry:

:rolleyes:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Mind you, I've not actually heard anyone use that exact expression in years... perhaps it's dying out? Like "Nice weather for ducks, eh?" when it's raining.... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom