People who you don't know from Adam

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

just jim

I haven't figured out a reply for that one yet....

OP
OP
G

Greedo

I was just standing at a cashline and thinking about the laughable team Strachan will put out tonight. Nothing taxing.

Just told him to get some new patter and mind his own business and don't concern himself with me. He toddled off mumbling something. No doubt calling me a w*nker!

Andy

ColinJ said:
I got hassled by a (presumably) drug-fuelled crusty at a local festival who couldn't accept that I wasn't feeling as happy as he was. His eyes were like saucers, so I don't think it was just the pleasure of listening to the music that put the manic smile on his face. He saw me looking very glum, tried hugging me and told me to "Lighten up man, nobody has died!" which would have been fine except, actually, my dad had... :angry:

Know what you mean Colin, some tw*t who I know a bit but can't stand the sight of has said this to me on a couple of occasions in the pub while he was under the influence. First time he said it was last year a few weeks after both my parents had died (within five months of one another) and my wife had just recovered from cancer operation and treatment! Then he started bragging on about how well his business was doing and how much money he was making so he was promptly told that all the money he was making would not have cured a situation like mine so I'm perfectly happy now p*ss off!! Thank you and cheerio!! :rolleyes:

OP
OP
G

Greedo

:rolleyes:

Or when you ask someone the day it is and they tell you with the added "all day today"

Fnaar said:
"Pint of the usual" (apologies, didn't mean to hijack the thread! :angry:)

Maz

Guru
Greedo said:
who randomly say to you in the street, pub, shop etc...

"Oh cheer up, it'll never happen"

Do they deserve

a) A swift kick to the gonads
:rolleyes: Told to eff off and mind their own business
c) humoured and given a fake smile
This actually happened to me once! My response to him was (c).

Could be worse!

My wife is a Nurse Practitioner and i am a Radiographer....

It is not uncommon to be met bu patients who think you will know them by their illness rather than their name.

Like on the Ferry the other night...... shouted across - "My Prostate is much better now and I can pee more now!"

Thanks!

Greedo said:
who randomly say to you in the street, pub, shop etc...

"Oh cheer up, it'll never happen"

Do they deserve

a) A swift kick to the gonads
:biggrin: Told to eff off and mind their own business
c) humoured and given a fake smile

Some super-intellectual builder said this to my sister minutes after she was diagnosed with breast cancer.

Her reply was unprintable. But I could quote her if required!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I have a meeting later today with someone called Adam... shall I telll him to cheer up, if he looks a bit morose? :blush:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Fnaar said:
I have a meeting later today with someone called Adam... shall I telll him to cheer up, if he looks a bit morose? :smile:
If you know him, then he's an Adam who you do know from Adam.

Who is he if you don't know him - an Adam who you don't know from any other Adam?

Top Bottom