Phoning the docs about knee problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
willhub

willhub

Guru
If I had that attitude I'd ride untill my knee turned to dust!!!

I worry as I know once something is worn in it there is no going back! I've looked at tendinitis and if it is not treated it can lead to apparently tears or ruptures or something of the actual tendon.

OP
OP
willhub

willhub

Guru
Anyone know any exercise to do to relieve tense quads? It appears whatever it is, tendinitis or w/e is causing my quads to seize up, most of the pain has gone now as far as I can tell but my quads are seizing.

Kirstie

Über Member
Do you stretch after riding and after you've warmed up? There's loads of quad stretches you can do eg:

This is the normal one:
DSCN0510.JPG

A variation on this is where you do that stretch with a chair or bed behind you, rest the foot of the bent leg which is behind you on it, and then bend the straight leg. It's a killer, really good for quads and psoas.

This one atrociously painful but really good. It's called the 'bow pose':
bow-pose.jpg

I wouldn't try this at home from cold. I always do it as part of a pilates class with an instructor there.

But if you want some really good ones and a regime of stretches you can follow, the physio will more than likely make recommendations. If not you should ask them. I have had some excellent sports physio in the past which featured some fairly strict and intense stretching regimes alongside other treatment and it worked for me.

OP
OP
willhub

willhub

Guru
I did never used t do stretched but I want to try now as I dont want to mess my legs up anymore. So should that top one free the quads?

thanks.

Kirstie

Über Member
willhub said:
I did never used t do stretched but I want to try now as I dont want to mess my legs up anymore. So should that top one free the quads?

thanks.

Yes it should to a point but you should never stretch from cold - always straight after you've finished exercise or after a short warm up (eg 10 mins). As you already have an injury get something appropriate from your physio when you see them.

Top Bottom