Picture=1000 words etc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Photoshopped.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Booo! You can't see the decimal point so well.

My first century. I only sort of meant to do it when I set out, and getting back to York at 85 miles, I just had to round it up, so I ended up doing extra loops. I've never really understood that before, you know the sort of thing that drives marathon runners to complete even when they are delirious and staggering from side to side.

Anything more than 68 was my best distance in a day, ever....

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Well done Arch. That 100 metres hurdle is a biggie, but now it's out of the way you can move onto bigger things and stretch yourself a bit more with each ride. :ohmy::biggrin:

Seriously though, well done. Only done a single 100 miler myself.. felt like I'd been forcefully fettled up my rear passage by a herd of angry elephants so I can't see me ever doing another one!! xx(;)

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Sh4rkyBloke said:
Well done Arch. That 100 metres hurdle is a biggie, but now it's out of the way you can move onto bigger things and stretch yourself a bit more with each ride. :ohmy::biggrin:

:biggrin:

Seriously though, well done. Only done a single 100 miler myself.. felt like I'd been forcefully fettled up my rear passage by a herd of angry elephants so I can't see me ever doing another one!! xx(;)

Yeah, there was that feeling. And the pain across my shoulders, and down each arm, and the numb hands, and the pain in my right little toe(?) Funnily, my legs (knees mainly) didn't really start to hurt until the 85 mile mark, or maybe they just hurt enough at that point to be noticed above everything else. And it was the various pains that got to me, not fatigue.

I think next time (and yes, there will be a next time) I need to start out earlier so that I can take longer rests.

I averaged over 11mph, which I was pleased with, since the last ten miles I felt like I was going backwards...

Well done and welcome to the 100 mile club (not to be mixed up with the mile high club!) xx(

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
rich p said:
Great stuff, Arch.

p.s. Were you on a bike or one of those sitty-down, armchair on castors thingies?:ohmy:

On my FCR upright, which is why I hurt so much.. The sitty down armchair needs some work doing....

Top Bottom