Picture=1000 words etc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well done Arch. I haven't done an imperial 100 since I was about 17 ... in 1962 when I rode a reliability 100 in 8. It's been downhill ever since.

punkypossum

Donut Devil
Nice one Arch! Did you do it on your own? Bet that makes it a lot harder! My first (and only) century was last September, I sort of feel that I need to do at least one each year now to prove I can still do it...

peanut

well done indeed Arch.
Its a major accomplishment and something you'll always have to look back on. None of the future tons will ever feel so special.
I remember my first and it was fantastic. I was lucky enough to share it with 5x other club riders and we had a fantastic day riding through all the Somerset villages. magic.

I think sharing the ride with others kept my mind off the agony and exhaustion as we were all in the same boat and helped each other along.
If you did that ride on your own that makes your ride pretty special I reckon.
Well done !:biggrin:

ChrisKH

Guru
Yes, agreed. We should send the Mouseketeers up to accompany you. They're always good for an additional 100km or so and laugh in the face of adversity when I would probably cry, or get very serious about things and start studying maps.

It would make an ideal weekend round trip for them.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Thank you everyone, I am quite proud of myself, and not nearly in as much pain today. Yes, I was alone - partly because it was something I wanted to sneak up on, and involving anyone else would have led to Planning and Possible Failure and stuff. I look forward to doing one in company sometime.

Stedlocks, I assume you mean beer? I had a shandy at 82 miles, and was too tired when I got back to have anything other than tea (I don't keep beer in, so I'd have had to go out and get some).

Aperitif

Meme bar
ChrisKH said:
Yes, agreed. We should send the Mouseketeers up to accompany you. They're always good for an additional 100km or so and laugh in the face of adversity when I would probably cry, or get very serious about things and start studying maps.

It would make an ideal weekend round trip for them.

How far is it?
Is there an A road?
Is it possible to be surrounded by the North Sea at some point?

It's on! :tongue:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Aperitif said:
How far is it?
Is there an A road?
Is it possible to be surrounded by the North Sea at some point?

It's on! :biggrin:

How far is it? From where?:tongue:

A roads, we have lots.

Um, on Spurn point I suppose, almost. Not at Pocklington though, howver at Pocklington I do know a cafe that does tea for 95p and egg and chips for £2...

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
You should find the 100k easy for the Grimpeurs des Wolds Cyclosportive. in July :tongue: none of that 60k stuff for you any more lady!

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
craigwend said:
You should find the 100k easy for the Grimpeurs des Wolds Cyclosportive. in July :tongue: none of that 60k stuff for you any more lady!

Ah, I just got my confirmation of entry to the 60k...

No, really, hilly will be a different matter, I'll be very slow up hill. Myabe next time, but I think for a first sportive, I want to be able to look forward to it and not fret about failing to even finish...

I need to go out and get some hill practice before then too!

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
That looks like the cheapest cycle computer you can buy. I've got the same computer on my bike. Mine over-estimates by approximately 3%. Are you sure you did 100 miles Arch?

Keith Oates

Janner
Good effort Arch, It's so satisfying when you get a long ride under your belt. (or should that be in your legs)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Yellow Fang said:
That looks like the cheapest cycle computer you can buy. I've got the same computer on my bike. Mine over-estimates by approximately 3%. Are you sure you did 100 miles Arch?

Gee, Thanks.

No, it's correct, it's been calibrated against other computers.

I'm also wondering which bit RigidRaider thought was photoshopped, if it wasn't so hot I might summon up the energy to be indignant at being accused of lying....

Top Bottom