ping anyone with a 2CV...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
cookiemonster said:

I wonder if Citroen will ever consider putting it back into production? I think they would shift a fair few thousand cars.

No chance, compared to modern cars, it is a death trap in any sort of crash; it would have an NCAP score of minus a million or something :ohmy: - even so, I think they are rather fun, even if the engine has to be thrashed to death to make it travel at any sort of speed :biggrin:

Andrew

wafflycat

Miserable%20Old%20Git-final.jpg

They only have to swap round the first two words of the title & delete the question mark and then it would be simoncc's biography

LLB

wafflycat said:
Miserable%20Old%20Git-final.jpg

They only have to swap round the first two words of the title & delete the question mark and then it would be simoncc's biography

I take it you are torn between voting for Labour and the Green Party at elections WC :ohmy:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
cisamcgu said:
No chance, compared to modern cars, it is a death trap in any sort of crash; it would have an NCAP score of minus a million or something :wacko: - even so, I think they are rather fun, even if the engine has to be thrashed to death to make it travel at any sort of speed B)

Andrew

If more cars were a bit like the 2CV, I suggest a lot of people would drive rather more carefully. Being cocooned in a nice soundproof, airlocked box tends to lull a lot of folk into a false sense of security. It's the same as the idea that driver's seatbelts should be replaced with a large spike in the middle of the steering wheel.

My late partner had various 2CVs, an H Van (hi Rog, pat Ysabel for me!) and a CX estate. And shares in a steam loco. Given half a chance, he'd have had a plane or two, so I don't think he'd have fitted into Simon's stereotype somehow (what a surprise!). He loved them because they were fun to drive, simple to fix and extremely versatile. On winding Cotswold lanes he once kept up very nicely with a Ferrari, much to the horror of it's driver.

Lovely cars. If I was going to have a classic, (well, any car), I'd probably still plump for a Mini, as that's where my heart lies, but I loved getting to know the various Citroens.

gavintc

Guru
In my 20's, I was co-driver in a rally car. It was a mini clubman estate, we were frequently faster than the more powerful cars on the race, simply through better navigating and better driving skills. It used to really piss of the Golf GTIs when we would come up the back of them demanding to pass on a country road.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Proto said:
It's back !!!!! (sort of)

And has Green credentials which should make SimonCC happy.

http://www.greencarsite.co.uk/comingsoon/new-citroen-2cv.htm

new-citroen-2cv.jpg

Well, my first gut reaction was that that's fairly awful looking, but it's probably more in keeping with the original than either the new Mini or the new Beetle (I think the new Fiat at least looks the part, but I don't know anything about how it drives etc...)

But I can't help thinking that an original is pretty sustainable - small engine, lightweight body, easily replaceable parts and panels... Use it sensibly (IE, only when you need to go a fair distance, or carry something bulky) and it's probably pretty good (in keeping with any other small, light, repairable car with decent boot space).

That new version won't 'please' Simon BTW. As far as he's concerned, any person with the slightest interest in the environment is a hypocrite, unless they live in a cave. He doesn't seem to believe in degrees of anything, you have to be either all or nothing...

Top Bottom