*Ping montage, Joe 24 and other small children!*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Danny

Legendary Member
Every now and then I drop into this thread to see if the debate has picked up. Sadly after 300 posts it seems to be going backwards.

I think I am may have to re-open my campaign for a separate teens forum ;)

Danny

Legendary Member
User3143 said:
;) Read the OP, this was a rant and not the start of a debate.

Do you consider yourself arrogant and is academic grades an indication of intelligence?

I think a sign of maturity (at any age) is not to rise to a rant. As I said about 150 posts ago, certain older members of CC seem to enjoy goading some of the youngsters. The 300 posts this threads has generated shows it is all too easy.

I have no idea what your point about academic grades is all about - but no I don't consider them a good indication of intelligence.

Radius

SHREDDER
Danny I might point out that if you don't understand the point about the grades, then you haven't read the thread over the last few pages, and therefore haven't seen that an actual discussion has (semi) developed from the rubble of focused criticism and retorts.

Danny

Legendary Member
Radius said:
Danny I might point out that if you don't understand the point about the grades, then you haven't read the thread over the last few pages, and therefore haven't seen that an actual discussion has (semi) developed from the rubble of focused criticism and retorts.
Sorry I only read the previous three pages and did not come across anything that resembled a sensible discussion.

Admittedly if you go back five pages or so, you find a small number of posts that make some vaguely interesting - though not very original - points about intelligence. Funnily enough most of the better ones came from you ;)

But clearly some people are enjoying this thread, so who am I to stick my oar in. However I might dip back in again if it reaches 500 posts.

Radius

SHREDDER
Dannyg said:
Admittedly if you go back five pages or so, you find a small number of posts that make some vaguely interesting - though not very original - points about intelligence. Funnily enough most of the better ones came from you ;)

Well, I'll try to take that as much as a compliment as I can :biggrin:

Yes, I admit, it has been nigh on impossible to weedle out mere twinges of decent discussion from this thread, but it has happened (for about 10 minutes...).

montage

God Almighty
Dave5N said:
Can't be arsed to read another 15 pages back. Have I missed anything of note?

We discovered who shot JFK.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Dave5N said:
Wrong. I want to know. Was it the bloke on the grassy knoll?

What has happened since you last looked(i think)
I tried to get a hug from Lee
I gave a hug to Lee
I questioned why he wasnt comfortable hugging another male
Something about education

There you go:becool:

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Well I'm always up for a hug!

Joe and t'others, have you met any people from the forum? I've met User3143 on a couple of occasions, and Radius too, and ilovebikes several times. Perhaps that adds to the cliquey feeling that disturbs you, but it's only because it's easier to talk with someone when you've met them.

Joe24

Auntie Helen said:
Well I'm always up for a hug!

Joe and t'others, have you met any people from the forum? I've met User3143 on a couple of occasions, and Radius too, and ilovebikes several times. Perhaps that adds to the cliquey feeling that disturbs you, but it's only because it's easier to talk with someone when you've met them.

Ive met:
Spandex
Mickle
Arch
Night train
Doc
Hubgearfreak
And maybe a few more? It was last year

Joe24

Dayvo said:
There's some good people there!

Pity you didn't learn anything from them! :thumbsdown:

No no, i did learn from them. I helped out at that bike show that was in Nottingham. I learnt alot from them.

Top Bottom