England : Surrey Pioneer Motorcycle Run: Tattenham Corner to Brighton, Sunday 19 March 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
I have to say that I am seriously not looking forward to the headwind. Or the early start for me. But then there's the rest of the day to enjoy :smile:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I won't be riding along- 50 miles back home into a strong headwind doesn't appeal, had enough of that last couple of days!

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I'm a strong maybe from Tattenham Corner to Hookwood or Crawley/3 Bridges. Depends on:
a) weather forecast
b) putting my bike back together.

Out at mo, so will decide later.

r04DiE

Right. I will do my best to meet all of you lovely people at 8.30 but if I'm not there on time (which I will really try to be), I'll try to catch you on the way. We can maybe keep in touch via this thread.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Alas I am riding the Man of Kent tomorrow otherwise I'd be joining you.
:eek: Will he be in black leather as well?

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Briefly saw @topcat1 before he headed back into the smoke. Missed @r04DiE, so set off as a trio with @User13710 and @User.

The A217 and A23 did little for me, noisy and busy. I would have preferred the quieter roads out beyond Pease Pottage, but thanks to the trains situation would have struggled to get home. Instead i looped back into central Surrey from Crawley via Charlwood, Leigh and "Tesco Local Bakery-section" at Dorking. Managed a reasonable 46 miles, but really felt tired into that headwind for the last few miles.

I won't be riding along- 50 miles back home into a strong headwind doesn't appeal, had enough of that last couple of days!
Probably the best decision made this year, Stu!
Joined a fab four just south of Henfield, further south than envisaged but got off to a late start. Turned round just before the A23 and headed west - straight into the headwind. Toiled westwards for about an hour - looked for every dip in the road and curve in a mostly Canute like attempt to stay out of wind.
Along the road running parallel to the Downs to Small Dole met up with another rider. He did not seem too excited about joining a Fridays ride in spite of my enthusiastic description.
All seems calm now the buffetting is over.

r04DiE

Lovely to meet you all (eventually), and I enjoyed the grub by the sea. Thanks to all for making me welcome, especially the way you all hid in the bushes when you saw me coming - I liked that one :biggrin:

Top Bottom