Plans for the weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
Yep, been up since 5 this morning ironing, packing and cleaning the house (obviously the wife is too important to engage in such trivial activities as house work! ;):angry:). Leaving work early to go and pick up the hire car then driving down to Portsmouth to catch the ferry to the Isle of White for a wedding tomorrow. Staying there until Monday morning as I have Monday off work too! :smile:

Anyone know anything good to see on the IoW? Never been there before! :evil:

You?

ChrisKH

Guru
On the road Bikeability training for three hours with KH junior a.m. Saturday. P.m. cleaning out and storage of pool for the winter. Sunday quick spin out to Hanningfield reservoir and back early morning, and then apple picking and cutting back in the garden if weather allows.

Greedo

Just about to head out to the airport to head off on a holiday of a lifetime I booked through a fantastic company called XL.

Wait......... Hold on a min, what's this on the news, Oh b8gger that. Looks like i'm going nowhere :evil:

Greedo

Worked there for 3 weeks when I was 21. Found the place really nice but dull, dull, dull. Would like to go back though as i'd probably appreciate it a lot more now.

Although I did have a weird experience. I used to go to this pub every lunchtime for my lunch and a pint. I went in this one day and the pub was jumping. Like a Friday night. Couldn't believe it as it was normally pretty quiet. I asked the barmaid who I got friendly with what was going on?

It's release day!

eh!

Yeah release day. Pankhurst prison is on the island.

Scooped my pint and left sharpish!

domtyler said:
Yep, been up since 5 this morning ironing, packing and cleaning the house (obviously the wife is too important to engage in such trivial activities as house work! ;):angry:). Leaving work early to go and pick up the hire car then driving down to Portsmouth to catch the ferry to the Isle of White for a wedding tomorrow. Staying there until Monday morning as I have Monday off work too! :smile:

You?

Flyingfox

domtyler said:

You?

Well if you take your bike this weekend, you'll find it is the start of the IoW cycling festival www.sunseaandcycling.com loads of rides etc. I go to the IoW quite often as I sail and really like the place. Lots to do - Osborne House, Carisbrooke Castle, some lovely pubs etcetc.

Today is Crackle 1's birthday, so piccies, pizza and sleepover. Saturday dunno, Sunday is the kids climbing lessons at www.awesomewalls.co.uk and I'll do some pawing at the resin too and get out for a bike ride sometime Sunday as well.

gavintc

Guru
Yep - same as HLaB. The Pedal for Scotland ride on Sunday.

I wanted to come through to Glasgow to watch the start of the Tour on Sat morning, but I am apparently needed to visit some furniture shops and decide on a new bed. We are staying with friends in Glasgow on Sat night then cycle back to Edinburgh.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Got some charity church bike ride thing that mum wanted me to do on saturday. Got to go to as many churches as i can, got 8 hours to do it in.
Then after that i will be making the shed into a bike prison in the hope that the bikes cant get out and its hard to break into.
Sunday off up to hull to see some family and have a BBQ i think.

ChrisKH

Guru
Joe24 said:
Got some charity church bike ride thing that mum wanted me to do on saturday. Got to go to as many churches as i can, got 8 hours to do it in.
Then after that i will be making the shed into a bike prison in the hope that the bikes cant get out and its hard to break into.
Sunday off up to hull to see some family and have a BBQ i think.

Take the bike, get family to drop you off at the bridge and cycle across & in to town. I used to get my dad to do this when I was up there studying. Most refreshing. Nice rides round Beverley as I recall.

TVC

It's Louise's birthday today, so I'm proper spoiling her. Then it's London tomorrow for a meal in Chinatown then off to see Chicago.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Nothing exciting at all.... waiting for a new headset to turn up for the best bike - the other headset has only lasted 18 years - going to be fun getting it out (yes I have the tool)......

trio25

Über Member
Saturday I'm riding off-road at rivington, then sunday I'm riding to southport to watch the tour of Britain come past. Lots of cycling then.

Top Bottom