Plans for the weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Parents up for weekend. House immaculate, am baking chocolate brownies as we speak and all meals planned and shopped for in an effort to convince them I'm a poised, elegant domestic goddess instead of the seat-of-your-pants gal I actually am.

They see right through it...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Cathryn said:
Parents up for weekend. House immaculate

No brats then...., hmmmm tell then to sod off if they comment, stuff to do !

yoyo

Anyone know anything good to see on the IoW? Never been there before!

Cycle the Round the Island route.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
House, cos if you have the little buggers, then there is no chance.... just talk about how much biking you have done, keeping fit and stuff....that will shut them up !

yoyo said:
Anyone know anything good to see on the IoW? Never been there before! Cycle the Round the Island route.

The ferry/hovercraft back to the mainland! :tongue:

Only joking! Have been there twice: 1976 and 2002. It hadn't changed at all, and it probably hasn't changed much since the 1950s.

It would be better to spend a summer's day there as it is quite a pretty island; don't know what there is to do there, though.

Hope you have fun.

Cathryn said:
Parents up for weekend. House immaculate, am baking chocolate brownies as we speak and all meals planned and shopped for in an effort to convince them I'm a poised, elegant domestic goddess instead of the seat-of-your-pants gal I actually am.

They see right through it...

Huh? No flapjacks? Given that your Mum aka 'Flap Jackie' was responsible for the cooking breakout on CC :tongue:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Anyone think of any interesting places to visit by bike in Notts or Derbyshire? Racking my brains for somewhere to go tomorrow or sunday.

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
National dry stone walling centre at Wirksworth? Details here.

Not everyone's definition of interesting ;) but somewhere I'd like to visit.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
marinyork said:
Anyone think of any interesting places to visit by bike in Notts or Derbyshire? Racking my brains for somewhere to go tomorrow or sunday.

There is no where good in Notts or Derby.
Go into the hills in Derby, Chrich is a nice place, nice views around there. All over there really.
Shelford is another nice place(nice young posh girl there:biggrin:) and around there. I cycle all over that part.
Holme Peirre Pont to go and stand around looking at everything, closed for flooding though i think.
Sherwood CC club ride on Sunday morning. Where i normally am, but on a some charidee church ride on saturday, so look out for me if your about.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I find just about anywhere interesting longers. Ah it's near carsington water too! I have to think of somewhere even if I don't go in otherwise I'll not get past the end of the street.

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
Joe24 said:
, so look out for me if your about.

What?, and wave pom-poms shouting "Go Joe, Go!!"

You are a tart! :tongue: ;)

Marinyork, tis good to have a "point" or focus to a ride. Exploring is great :biggrin:.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
longers said:
What?, and wave pom-poms shouting "Go Joe, Go!!"

You are a tart! :tongue: ;)

Marinyork, tis good to have a "point" or focus to a ride. Exploring is great :biggrin:.

No, you shout "we love you Joe, go go go, love you"

Top Bottom