Problem at work - wc related

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Ripple

Ripple

Veteran
Decent union won't move a finger unless I've been a member for a minimum of 2 years. Learnt that hard way.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
3rd party security.
No.

You know this - agency, minimum pay (in my case just above), no sick pay, work mix of days/nights etc.

Sorry to hear that. If money’s too tight for you to join your union, can you ascertain if any other security staff who cover that site are union members? They could raise a grievance for everyone concerned.

classic33

Leg End Member
Decent union won't move a finger unless I've been a member for a minimum of 2 years. Learnt that hard way.
Are you a static guard, even if at a number of different stations, or expected to patrol round a set area?

I'm going to ask a few security guards I know if they can give any job specific answers. Or possible places to look for information that may help.

Are you for real?

I'm what you might call 'field based ' which means we travel around the country fixing stuff in remote sites in the middle of nowhere, if we need a p*ss we have one where we can and if we need a dump we'll find a Maccy's.

Let's hope we're never at War!

• Wow
Reactions: C R

glasgowcyclist

Are you for real?

I'm what you might call 'field based ' which means we travel around the country fixing stuff in remote sites in the middle of nowhere, if we need a p*ss we have one where we can and if we need a dump we'll find a Maccy's.

Are you a woman on medication which gives you the runs as a side effect, necessitating unpredictable and immediate access to a toilet? If not, maybe keep your nonsense replies to yourself.

classic33

Leg End Member
Are you for real?

And if you're on a site where there's people coming and going, probably offices(I don't know) you'd do the same there.

And if you're on a site where there's people coming and going, probably offices(I don't know) you'd do the same there.

What, find a Maccy's or have a cheeky pi*s?

DRM

Guru
Are you for real?

There’s a time and place for everything, doing a wild one outside the security cabin wouldn’t go down well, yet if working in the middle of nowhere there’s no issue in going on a shovel recce

Your usual glib answers are not helpful. Try asking the OP if that’s a feasible option before assuming that it’s that easy.

This is why I state you lot enjoy an echo chamber, I don't agree with what you think and that's how it is.

All you want is "oh dear how dreadful " get a grip FFS!

Oh, hang on a minute, you want alternative views on subjects.

Do you f**k.

stephec

Legendary Member
Well he's untouchable. Punched a guy in a face. At work. Countless witnesses. Been suspended for 3 weeks (fully paid of course). Went back to work without even a warning.

It seems that I'm actually working for a badly run prison somewhere in Siberia.

Weren't the police called to that?

glasgowcyclist

This is why I state you lot enjoy an echo chamber, I don't agree with what you think and that's how it is.

All you want is "oh dear how dreadful " get a grip FFS!

Oh, hang on a minute, you want alternative views on subjects.

Do you f**k.

This isn’t a political discussion, if anything it should be in the personal matters forum. She’s seeking support and advice not your smartarse contrarianism schtick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom