Prozac or derivatives

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
I have been told I suffer from Health Anxiety and a bit of Social Phobia by my CBT counsellor who I saw for the second time on Monday. So for me it is very early days when it comes to the therapy.
I often end up wondering who'll turn up at my funeral if anybody, often have anxiety attacks in which I think I'm about to peg it, i've experienced these for about thirty years on and off, so I'm glad I'm here to write about it :rolleyes: The thing with the throat I believe is a common anxiety symptom, I sometimes experience the sensation of a lump in my throat, more so when I think about it and all sorts of other physical symptoms. I remember once my Doc looked at me as I walked into his surgery and said 'what is it this time'.
When I done the treadmill stress test, the doc said it was one of the best results he had seen in a long time, yet I left there thinking he may have made a mistake. I don't take medication, for a couple of reasons, one being, I don't want my travel or health insurance to rocket and secondly I will try with the CBT and meditation to resolve issues.
One thing I know is not health anxiety, is my history of kidney stones.........:angry:
Good luck with the meds.

Noticed your CT scan thread ; might be worth mentioning it (& your thread) to your CBT - therapist
(exploring safety behaviours & reassurance?)

OP
OP
hondated

hondated

Guru
Hi everyone I just thought I would pop back in to give you an update on how I am feeling as you have all been so supportive on the forum and in some instances personal conversations via the forum.
Having taken the fluoxetine for a week after receiving advice on here I returned to my doctor to discuss my illness. After some discussion he agreed to take me off of the tablets and to treat me for Acid Reflux and I am pleased to say that the tablets seem to be doing the trick and I am feeling a lot better. Given I have been suffering from this for some time and the doctor during that time has not even considered my problem to be this I am a bit miffed and concerned that it has not turned into something more evil.
Hopefully after this first course of tablets they will actually physically examine me to try and see what is causing the problem.
Enough of me how are you all doing, hopefully ok. I know the weather is getting colder but if you cannot get out on the bike then at least try and get out for a quick walk as it makes you feel so much better when you do.
Thanks again everyone.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Good news that your doctor has listened to you and put you on something for the AR. Hopefully you won't be on whatever the meds is for too long. Nice commute for me today, cool temp but near on perfect for a cycle.........thanks for the update.

lesley_x

Über Member
I was told I had anxiety for many miserable years despite not being aware of it, due to stomach pains, weight loss and fatigue, and later when hospitalised they said the same thing again. When I finally saw a psychologist she said my mind was healthy, body not so much and called and gave my doctors a roasting. Turned out I have several autoimmune diseases, one of them being inflammatory bowel disease which was causing the stomach pain. Be careful out there :rolleyes: Doctors are not the modern day heros they are made out to be. The last time I reported new symptoms the doctor said (in letters to my GP too) I wasn't being rational, I was being a hypochondriac, I was seeking too many medical opinions. He missed the possibly cancerous lump sitting between my guts, liver and pancreas I'm waiting to get biopsied :wacko: So I'm always uneasy when someone is diagnosed with anxiety when 1) they don't really feel anxious and 2) they haven't had their symptoms fully (not just partially!) investigated.

OP
OP
hondated

hondated

Guru
Lesley just like you my faith in doctors for various reasons disappeared many years ago.
Now I am concerned about your lump so please keep us all informed of your progress and particularly the biopsy result.
Ted

Top Bottom