Psychometric Tests

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I had some Morrisby tests done when I was about 17. I scored 100% in mechanical aptitude, manipulation of shapes etc and about 5% in the maths. The assessor said I was very unusual because they usually go together.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I think psychometric tests are a load of old tosh, personally.;)

hulver

Fat bloke on a bike
Chuffy said:
I had to undergo psychometric testing when I applied to be a postman.

Can anyone tell me why? :laugh:

To see if you were the sort of person who'd open all a kids birthday cards for the cash ;)

barq

I'm not the type of psychologist who uses psychometric tests. However my specific concerns about the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator is that it contains no validity checks (so it can be faked) and I'm simply not sold on the personality types it purports to measure. It is based on Carl Jung's psychological types and, to be frank, I think psychology has come quite a long way since the 1920s!

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I dislike Competency Tests and some others. It depends what you regard as Psychometric Testing as to how to answer. I regard Numeracy Tests as a complete worthless joke.

OP
OP
threebikesmcginty

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
NickM said:
You reckon?

Is psychology a proper science anyway?

I don't know, hence the post!

Abitrary

I find that people that do very well on those tests can be, er, at the higher end of the autistic spectrum.

Those sort of tests, and lateral thinking stuff should only be used to weed people out.

If you put too much store on those tests in interviews, then you will surely end up working in a hell of your own making.

Top Bottom