puncture and so

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Willow

I call at a garage as it's the car not the bike only to find when they changed the tyres at the last service they didn't put the wheel nut key back in the box and that garage was near home 80 miles away! :biggrin:

Night Train

Maker of Things
That is really annoying. That only happened to me once, fortunately the garage was only a mile away.

What did you do?

You garage needs a locking wheel nut remover.

OP
OP
W

Willow

Maz said:
What a ball-ache, Willow. What did you do?

put plenty of air in, checked I had my AA membership and hoped. Must be slow puncture as got home ok, car now in having all the wheel nuts changed at their cost. good job they didn't quibble it I was up for a fight!

Maz

Guru
Willow said:
put plenty of air in, checked I had my AA membership and hoped. Must be slow puncture as got home ok, car now in having all the wheel nuts changed at their cost. good job they didn't quibble it I was up for a fight!
I'd call that a result. Well done, mate.

Phone the garage and ask them if they will come out and sort out their problem.

Is it just an odd shaped nut or a proper key? Can you just get another of the same make and it fit? If so send the bill to the garage.

OP
OP
W

Willow

fossyant said:
I always check it's been put back.....

obviously I will next time :biggrin:

Mr Pig

Or just fit standard bolts?

Any light-fingered slime-bag who might want to steal the wheels would probably assume they had lock-nuts on. So he's either going to leave them alone or he'll have the tools to remove them. Either way it makes no difference if they're actually fitted or not. Just put a chrome cover over a standard nut so it looks like a lock-nut.

Once fitted a flashing red LED to my car for the same reason. If it didn't deter them they were prepared to break into in despite it having an alarm, so why bother fitting one?

Top Bottom