Rapha Festive 500. Anyone doing it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
Zone 4 for me

Well even if you was MVDP doing that amount of Zone 4 for that short space of time is over training, yeah over reaching. Starting 2024 counter productive. You’re probably only joking though.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Well even if you was MVDP doing that amount of Zone 4 for that short space of time is over training, yeah over reaching. Starting 2024 counter productive. You’re probably only joking though.
hovering around 130-135 BPM for the hour age 56
if you go by 220- age its zone 3 sorry

Last edited:

Alex321

Veteran
The Festive 500 was never about the distance in 8 days . Its was having a weather window. Hopefully a few decent days of good runs and out for an hour or two when its crap weather to try and finish. Allowing turbo rides have cancelled out the satisfaction of managing to do the 500.
Forgot that many of us never had the luxury of 8 days due to Xmass etc .

I've never done 500Km in 8 days in my life. I'm not likely to do so for the first time in the middle of winter. I average something in the region of 500Km per month.

Alex321

Veteran
More of a challenge than not doing it.

It's definitely easier to clock up miles inside but I enjoy the zwift and easier to fit in around families.

I don't find it easier to clock up miles on the turbo. I find doing the same distance on the turbo much harder than outdoors - but I do use Rouvy, rather than Zwift (AIUI, by default, Zwift runs at 50%).

Sallar55

Veteran
Why would you let the actions of others cancel out your satisfaction?

There's people in Australia having perfect weather to ride in as well. Good for them I say.
The Australian cyclists have the weather as well but it's heatwaves or floods if they are unlucky. And they finish a day before us😂

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
There are 3 audax events of 500km+ this week from Bristol (1 is under way - I've seen at least one tweet from Welsh Newtown, so they are riding!).
Here's one of them: https://www.audax.uk/event-details/10822-full_fat_festive_500_pint_2
Yeah, I thought about doing one of them, but I have finished my 50 km rides for the year... :whistle:

Oh, 500 km... :eek: No, I applied the "Too far, not July" filter to them! :laugh:

(The furthest that I have ever gone in one ride was just shy of 250 km and I can't really see me doing that distance again. If I ever got fit enough to, I would probably opt to ride 150-200 km at a faster pace instead.)

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.

my normal weekly routine is a 10 mile each way commute and a manual job , lifting bits for cars ranging from boxes of parts up to 10 kg centre pillars all timed and liked to just in time delivery then a sunday metric century . I must admit legs are starting to feel it now but its no worse than my usual work as i generally start to feel it by thur/ fri anyway and with over a week for shutdown it gives me something to do.

Going to have to cram 2 sessions in closer together today as i have to take mrs ck to work , housework and shopping .

Top Bottom