Rapha Festive 500. Anyone doing it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I applied the "Would you ride 500 km in a warm sunny week in July?" test. Given that the answer to that was "Almost certainly not!" and the weather this week is neither warm nor sunny, but IS wet and windy, my decision was... :whistle:

... PASS!!!!! :laugh:

I'd jump at the chance, although not necessarily July (too hot). April, May or September preferably. But it's all hypothetical I don't have that opportunity.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
A breezy ride this a.m. 355km done. I,m a ( sad man) 😆 lonely single guy so no excuses. + i live in a small place, deffo no room for a turbo.

Hob nobs going down well.

I literally put my turbo up in front of the kitchen sink with the laptop on the upturned washing up bowl and a fan on the drainer,packed away when not riding

Milzy

Guru
As long as it’s outside, it doesn’t count on Zwift. I did it on pace rides one year and was just sat drafting at high speed while in zone 2. Hardly a challenge.

Sallar55

Veteran
The Festive 500 was never about the distance in 8 days . Its was having a weather window. Hopefully a few decent days of good runs and out for an hour or two when its crap weather to try and finish. Allowing turbo rides have cancelled out the satisfaction of managing to do the 500.
Forgot that many of us never had the luxury of 8 days due to Xmass etc .

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
When I did mine I did it on the road except for a few km, which I purposely did on the turbo - in order to annoy people who find these things important enough to care about.:whistle:

The Festive 500 was never about the distance in 8 days . Its was having a weather window. Hopefully a few decent days of good runs and out for an hour or two when its crap weather to try and finish. Allowing turbo rides have cancelled out the satisfaction of managing to do the 500.
Forgot that many of us never had the luxury of 8 days due to Xmass etc .

Why would you let the actions of others cancel out your satisfaction?

There's people in Australia having perfect weather to ride in as well. Good for them I say.

Top Bottom