Rapha Festive 500. Anyone doing it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
I never ride on Xmas day so end up chasing. 41 miles left to do tomorrow.

AlanW

Guru
Every year l say l will not do it again and ever year l just cannot help myself, l am so weak willed. 😡
Making Zwift rides count towards completing it has certainly made it easier, that's a fact.
When the Rapha 500 challenge first started (10 years ago??) it was only outdoor rides that counted, it was nothing more than torture on occasions. Some of the conditions l rode in certainly had my wife questioning my sanity 🤣

I see some people have polished it off with a festive audax. Huge distances in the winter weather. It's so much easier nipping into the garage for a couple of hours each day.

Tribansman

Veteran
Not long back from a tough and tired 75 mile ride to finish it off. Couldn't leave till early evening so was all in the dark, windy but dry and very mild so not too bad all in all. Enjoyed it this year, def been a challenge - finding the time amid a busy festive period more so than the weather.

Sadly, still got 35 to do tomorrow to get to my (ridiculously arbitrary) annual target!

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
I finished yesterday evening as planned; rolled over 500km on the way to a pre-dinner drink. :cheers:
I've been out shopping on the bike this morning and I'll probably go for a ride later as well so I don't know what my total distance will be.

ETA, 526km in total. Today's riding was so refreshing: no need to think about adding on kms "just because". I'm going to like this as we move into 2023..
Group ride tomorrow, looking forward to it: great lunch venue then post-ride "debrief". I'm pretty sure there will be beers.

Happy NY everyone and well done on attempting/completing the Festive 500.

Last edited:
Last two days have been complicated by the shower breaking and needing to get the electrician in - parkrun today was 4 mins slower than last week - that's the 250 miles in the legs to blame. Waiting on the electrician now so can't ride until after it's repaired.
I've had to have a bath for the last two days - it's positively victorian this...

70 real miles today in the outside world for me and it was brrrrilliant. Ok so there were a lot of floods and hardly anyone out - but felt so good to be out. Will definitely do the R500 again this year - legs feel a lot better than I thought they would be.

Top Bottom