Rapha Festive 500. Anyone doing it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
The Rapha Festive 500 riders

0149B6AF-88CE-4A5C-9C8E-87D87E9C21D0.png

albal

Guru
Yes

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Having done it 7 times outdoors, this year it is on Zwift. I wasn't very well yesterday and fell behind the run rate, but a couple of hours this morning and then again this afternoon I've 208km left to do, I am at work on Friday (at home so no commute) so need to break the back of the balance tomorrow.

I said to my other half as we passed a cyclist in the car on Christmas Day on way to volunteer at church “bet he’s doing the Rapha 500” and she replied with “sad man”. 😂😂.

Good luck to all those attempting it, I’d be in the dog house if I was out for a few hours everyday day.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Not for me this year as I spent a lot of time tootling up and down the A1 to visit family. And even if I didn't have that excuse I'm not sure I'm quite in shape for it this year anyway. Once was enough.

Good luck everyone/anyone who is doing it.

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I applied the "Would you ride 500 km in a warm sunny week in July?" test. Given that the answer to that was "Almost certainly not!" and the weather this week is neither warm nor sunny, but IS wet and windy, my decision was... :whistle:

... PASS!!!!! :laugh:

if i had the week off and nothing else to do , yes
in july i am usually being pulled in about 3 directions by work , family etc

Sallar55

Veteran
Rapha's marketing team need to think up a new way to sell this year's winter kit. No need now the 500 can be done on the turbo🥱 Hope those out on the road have better weather as the week progresses.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Having done it 7 times outdoors, this year it is on Zwift. I wasn't very well yesterday and fell behind the run rate, but a couple of hours this morning and then again this afternoon I've 208km left to do, I am at work on Friday (at home so no commute) so need to break the back of the balance tomorrow.

What’s your average speed on Zwift?

Top Bottom