recce ride to Brighton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I'm looking at a new route - or, rather, a smorgasbord (sp?) of new routes, rather like the Balcombe/Lindfielde/Haywards Heath network of roads that you can pick from depending on conditions. The roads I want to check out at night are in the region of Charlwood, Ifield, Faygate, Cowfold and Warninglid. Some of them aren't particularly smooth.

I've done all the roads during the daytime, but not at night. My beloved is off to New York next week, which means that I can go out to play on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday night. I'd imagine keeping an eye on the forecast - there's not a lot to be gained by doing it in the wet.

There might be a bit of wandering around as we look at alternatives, and the only place to get a bite before 5.30 would be Gatwick.

We could start in London or Gatwick

Any takers?

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Would love to, just need to know what day to take off...

Would you be getting the train back too?

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Cool! Ill warn work I could be off with a short notice then... albeit, I just found out I can't have monday off so a Sunday night would be a no goer, sorry!

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
okeydokey - how about Monday night/Tuesday morning? That's got the best forecast at the moment

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
so - do we start at Gatwick, or do we start in London? Or do we decide on the night?

Tynan

Veteran
tee hee

I read these threads with amusement every time

the idea of riding a new route in advance is one thing, the idea of riding variations and options on the same night in winter is ludicrous to me

and I say that in full acknowledgement and appreciation of all the work that goes into the preparation of the night rides

respek init

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
dellzeqq said:
so - do we start at Gatwick, or do we start in London? Or do we decide on the night?

Morning!

Wet n winding a'foot!

I dont know how to get to Gatwick, but Lundinium should be fine?

Hows the cat??

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
cat is sitting beside me licking his bits. This may be a good sign, or it may be a bad sign. If we want to get back to London before the no-bikes rule kicks in we have to get to Brighton staton by about 20 past five. A midnight start from HPC should do the trick.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Davywalnuts said:
haha! Am favouring that vote of confidence!

Sounds good to me, we wont get breakfast though will we?
we'll be back in London for an early brekky.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Super! Having a weekend long hangover and working all day today, that will be most welcome!

As a note, what's the cost for the train back? It will be a super saver 2 wont it as I dont think anyone else is coming?

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
it will be expensive. Sorry. The only option is to wait until after 10 o'clock and use my Network Card

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Ohh... just checked, £20ea on the early one or £13ea after 10am... Oh well, not much to do between 6am & 10am really but to eat, and even then, so oh well, never mind..

Could always cycle back, in the true spirit of the Mouseketeers...

Catch ya at Midnight at the usual place at HPC. The full banana outfit will be out! hahaha!

Top Bottom