Recommend a shower drain unblocker

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
That's not damp damage, that's because the walls weren't prepared properly before painting. It's what you get for paying a decorator rather than doing the job yourself.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought a professional decorator would've prepared the walls, better than a D.I.Y job would've done. Besides I can't do it myself now 4 years on, due to certain disabilities.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Yikes, OK that's more a landlord issue.
I showed it to a housing association workman last year. He was sympathetic, but said the H/A will say it's cosmetic not structural, meaning it's not their problem. It looks bad, but it's just dried flakey paint, it's not damp or dirty, so whenever someone asks to use my bog I just say "Excuse the paintwork, but the decorator who's supposed to be remedying it has cried off with covid".:whistle: ;)

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I went into a small store today to buy an unblocker. The woman in the shop said she thought this drain cleaner with caustic soda was the best. She could've sold me one at 6 quid, so she wasn't after a sale or anything. It cost me £1.25 for 500ml. I mixed about 100g with 500ml of water, then poured it down the drain. I don't think I left it long enough (about 2 hours) as it still hasn't cleared, but it is going down a lot faster. I'm going to let the drain dry then pour another 100g with water down and leave it overnight.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The problem has finally been solved. A workman from the housing association came round yesterday with the biggest plunger I've ever seen!

1646269330922.png

No wonder she looks like giving up, using such a none too productive object! :stop:The workman's plunger was about 16 inches long , not including the handle. It must've shifted much drain blocking gunk, as the water now pours down so much that I might turn the water pressure up to get an even more powerful shower.🤔

Last edited:
Top Bottom