Recommend me.....a budget gilet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me

Okeydokey

#Jowwy: That's a product I don't get. it front is bright, the back is dark, I tried to check the size advice, that was fun.

Edit: It's also about four times more expensive than everything else in the market?

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Hi all,

I'm after your wisdom & knowledge please.

I'm wanting to buy a cheap gilet. Nothing too fancy, just needs to be windproof, keep the odd shower at bay, and pack up small to go into the back pocket.

Something like this from Decathlon is the kind of thing I'm looking for, but would like to know what you recommend.

Thanks.
I have one like that from decathlon, it is good and worth the money. Feels solid and is well cut so you don't know you're wearing it really, nicely vented, properly windproof and keeps the rain at bay. The rear pocket is a good size and feels well built, I have no worries battering about with wallet, keys and phone entrusted to it.

Mine is not particularly intended as packable but rolls small enough to fit in a jersey pocket or wrap & velcro to the bike.

jowwy

#Jowwy: That's a product I don't get. it front is bright, the back is dark, I tried to check the size advice, that was fun.

Edit: It's also about four times more expensive than everything else in the market?
Its £52 does that mean every other gilet is less than 15 bucks

Okeydokey

I was wondering where the extra thirty five pounds added value was. I guess it must be in the name tag, or more usefully... in the description above provided by 'shouldbeinbed'.

jowwy

I was wondering where the extra thirty five pounds added value was. I guess it must be in the name tag, or more usefully... in the description above provided by 'shouldbeinbed'.
The added value is that its a gabba gilet with fully windproof front panels......most gilets dont have that

OP
OP
Slioch

Slioch

Guru
Thanks for your input folks, much appreciated.

I've never owned a gilet before so don't know how useful they are until I've tried one, so I'm going to dip my toe in at the cheaper end of the market and if I get a couple of seasons use out of it I'll be happy. I'll then be in a position to decide whether to go for a better quality one.

Ta
:hello:

Okeydokey

Great idea: my daughter was shown around a building site by a local company trying to convince us it was a good idea. They gave her a gilet FOC and a hard hat. I lost the hard hat when I fell about laughing, but the gilet works great... and its wind proof and water proof... to a degree.

Top Bottom