Scotland : Edinburgh & Lothians Redstone Rigg Sun 18th Aug anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

edindave

Über Member
Hello folks.

If anyone is interested and available, I'm planning a ride from Musselburgh out over Redstone Rigg on Sun 18th Aug - weather dependant!

Start time is flexible - aiming to to leave Musselburgh between 10 and 11am.

Meeting place will be the car park beside the harbour on New Street, Musselburgh.

Initial route plan is Musselburgh, Carberry, Cousland, Pencaitland, Saltoun, Gifford, Danskine, Redstone Rigg, Garvald, Haddington, Longniddry, Prestonpans, Musselburgh.

Route distance appx 81km, with 1084m ascent.
I should point out that this is a rather hilly route apart from the final ~20km coastal section.
(Redstone Rigg is the 17th highest paved public road in Scotland - Wiki source.)

Cafe/pub stops available on request at Gifford (25km), Garvald (pub 48km), Haddington (58km).

RWGPS route link here.

full.png

elevation_profile.jpg

5026698828_c6950547ef.jpg
IMG_0723 by onefivenine, on Flickr

So, if you can make it and would like to join me I'd be happy for some company. :thumbsup:

Col5632

Guru
Sorry Dave I cant make sundays :cry:

Fubar

Guru
I'm a "maybe" at the moment, Sundays are normally reserved but I'll work on it and get back to you - so long as you mountain goats don't mind waiting at the top...

DelB

Yep, I'd like to be able to come along on this one, but Sundays are difficult for me too. Saturdays, however........................ :angel:

DougieAB

Getting the messages
Looks like a good ride and close enough to home that I can ride to and from the start point. My wife has been trying to get a few more hill climbs into her normal circuit, but this might be a step too far too soon. Did a ride from Musselburgh last year to St Abbs with a few guys from the CityCyclingEdinburgh forum but nothing this year. I can make either Saturday or Sunday. Looking forward to it. :hyper:

Fubar

Guru
Is the Saturday negotiable? Or are the others who can't make the Sunday interested in going on Saturday 17 August instead??

OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
Thanks for the replies so far everyone. Good to see a bit of interest for this ride. :thumbsup:

Just to clarify, the ride is on Sun 18th.

Will do some sort of role call to check on numbers mid next week.

OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
I'd be up for the 17th but would need somebody to show me the way :hello:

Why don't you use your Garmin to navigate? That's how I routinely get lost collect new routes. :laugh:

If you're planning a ride on a different date it would be best to start a separate thread to avoid confusion. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom