Scotland : Edinburgh & Lothians Redstone Rigg Sun 18th Aug anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
Great info @Waspie and @Seamab :thumbsup:

I missed the Crystal Run - why did they have to change the date? :cry:
That looks a great route. I'd be tempted to tweak it and return over the Rigg via the Ellemford-Longformacus stretch. It really is lovely. I haven't done the long Duns drag to Longformacus either.
It's great to realise there is still lots of challenging stuff to try in the area!

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
What a great story! I never knew about this CC relay jersey. Where is it now?

There were/are 2 jerseys ... see this ancient thread - likely festering somewhere in the deep south :whistle: ...
You could always try and rouse the current keepers of the jerseys and get them moving again, if you like! There are plenty of new CCers everywhere, maybe we can get it across the border again?

Just remember to use the DISCUSSION thread for arranging things, the relay thread is only for successful stages :rolleyes:

T

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
I was quite enjoying being on the front all the way from Aberlady to the 'Pans. In a weird way. Head down and get on with it. We were going at a decent pace I reckoned.
Aye it might have been fun for you and the speed freaks at the front... I was drafting Lucy and she was really struggling in that wind, am a big ass wind break but it didn't seem to make much of a difference.... She still made it but it must have hurt like hell for her

Waspie

Über Member
I thought we might have passed you after I seen your ride on strava, it's a great are for cycling.... Didn't think much of the b@stard coast wind we had when we were heading back to the start point
Can't say I was overly chuffed with the headwind on the climb to the top of Redstone Rigg. :cursing: Got progressively worse as I got closer to the top.

Waspie

Über Member
Great info @Waspie and @Seamab :thumbsup:

I missed the Crystal Run - why did they have to change the date? :cry:
That looks a great route. I'd be tempted to tweak it and return over the Rigg via the Ellemford-Longformacus stretch. It really is lovely. I haven't done the long Duns drag to Longformacus either.
It's great to realise there is still lots of challenging stuff to try in the area!

Funny you should say that, that's exactly the route I have planned with work colleagues. We're trying to get some climbing in the legs before we do the Bealach Mor in a few weeks.

Also on my list is to investigate the road that goes to Abbey St Bathans from the Gifford to Duns road, need to give the route a bit of thought as I don't particularly fancy ending up on the A1.

OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
Funny you should say that, that's exactly the route I have planned with work colleagues. We're trying to get some climbing in the legs before we do the Bealach Mor in a few weeks.

Also on my list is to investigate the road that goes to Abbey St Bathans from the Gifford to Duns road, need to give the route a bit of thought as I don't particularly fancy ending up on the A1.

Have only ever cycled about a hundred metres on the A1 one time when I cycled to Eyemouth. It was a hundred metres too many.

Your training ride sounds good. Room for a small one? :whistle:

Waspie

Über Member
Have only ever cycled about a hundred metres on the A1 one time when I cycled to Eyemouth. It was a hundred metres too many.

Your training ride sounds good. Room for a small one? :whistle:

Yes, no bother. However, it's tomorrow we're doing it. The plan is to start from Haddington, probably around two-ish depending on when a meeting finishes. We've got a route of just shy of 50 miles planned.

If that doesn't suit we could sort out something for another time, I'll be up that way fairly often I would have thought.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Veloviewer can now produce 3d profiles of any route or activity. Totally awesome feature!

Here's the profile of the Redstone Rigg ride:

3D_CC_RR.jpg

OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
Yes, no bother. However, it's tomorrow we're doing it. The plan is to start from Haddington, probably around two-ish depending on when a meeting finishes. We've got a route of just shy of 50 miles planned.

If that doesn't suit we could sort out something for another time, I'll be up that way fairly often I would have thought.

Darn, I was hoping you were going next week sometime as I have the week off. Never mind. Another time definitely!

Top Bottom