Scotland : Edinburgh & Lothians Redstone Rigg Sun 18th Aug anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
I do have a route in mind for an Extreme Rigg ride, basically a loop round the Rigg - out towards Duns but just short of it.
It's quite a bit longer and a lot more climbing, but extremely scenic. If there is enough interest for it then we could get something organised before winter.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Am in...great area of Scotland for cycling

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
You mean Longformacus/Ellemford as the furthest points?
At a slightly slower pace :blush: , and in "easy" weather , I'd be interested ...

T

OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
Am in...great area of Scotland for cycling

If you liked today just wait til you see beyond the reservoir into the Borders, and back up around the other side over the Rigg.

You mean Longformacus/Ellemford as the furthest points?
At a slightly slower pace :blush: , and in "easy" weather , I'd be interested ...

I think around about Ellemford is the turnoff I have in mind, just beyond the bridge, but I need to plot it and work out the distance. I'll get plotting and post it up.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
I think around about Ellemford is the turnoff I have in mind, just beyond the bridge, but I need to plot it and work out the distance. I'll get plotting and post it up.

The "Hungry Snout" is on this route :ph34r:... (I can't remember what % the road sign said ... 17 again?) ... it definitely eats jelly legs :mrpig:
depending on which way round you are planning to go, we MIGHT be safe ...:evil:

OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
Oh there's a few 17s dotted about here and there :laugh:!

I'm thinking clockwise round the Whiteadder Reservoir.

Here's the route. 109.4km, 1,627m ascent.

full.png

elevation_profile.jpg

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Ah, the "safe" way over the Hungry Snout ;).

You could shorten the route a wee bit by cutting out the gratuitous hill between Haddington and Aberlady :thumbsup:...
Seeing as most of us (including locals and anybody arriving from elsewhere by train) may start from somewhere in Edinburgh rather than Musselburgh (Alloites etc. excepted), we'd still get a 100+ k ride in anyway :biggrin:.

OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
You could shorten the route a wee bit by cutting out the gratuitous hill between Haddington and Aberlady :thumbsup:...
I was going to plot the road from Haddington that is slightly further east, up to Camptoun :evil:
(What's another Cat 4 between friends? ;))

That's cool, the route can be tweaked as necessary. As can the starting point. ^_^

For the new CC Ecossers, here and here is the write-up of the epic journey by @Scoosh, @HJ and me, to pick up the CC "Northern Jersey" in the relay, I mentioned it to somebody or other... :scratch:. The story features a fair bit of today's route (and more of EdinDave's new plan :whistle:)

T

Hang on, you're Kim Harding? Small world!
(I should add some context; I follow you on Twitter and had no idea you were the same person.)

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
:laugh: Did you think Kim was a "she"? (I just showed him these last few posts :rofl:)

oops better get back on topic ...
@edindave - ... when do you want to go? :hyper: First 3 September weekends are not good for me/us ...

T

OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
:laugh: Did you think Kim was a "she"? (I just showed him these last few posts :rofl:)

oops better get back on topic ...
@edindave - ... when do you want to go? :hyper: First 3 September weekends are not good for me/us ...

T

Hey this is much more interesting. I mean HJ = KH. Telemark = Uli. It's all a bit confusing! I reckon you're secret UCI spies. Here to test not (yet) banned substances on cyclists through the medium of cake. ;)

Last weekend of Sept is an Audax weekend for me. Might need to be October. Not sure when those wee roads start getting a bit frosty though!

Top Bottom