Scotland : Edinburgh & Lothians Redstone Rigg Sun 18th Aug anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
I thoroughly enjoyed today's ride out over the Rigg - this was the route. The highlights for me were the chocolate, fruit and marzipan cake :hungry: , being attacked by wheelie bins in Prestonpans :ph34r: (got be some sort of genetic mutation ;)), the amazing scenery, getting a PR on the 17% section of the Rigg :wahhey:, and the great company as always when CC folk get together :hugs:

Thanks to @Telemark for the cake which fuelled my PB! The ride to Gifford seemed to fly by, I'm sorry you weren't with us for longer. I hope your solo ride home wasn't too much of a slog. We only had to endure a severe headwind for the final 13km from Aberlady to Musselburgh.

Now for a wee Hoegaarden ^_^
Cheers guys, here's to the next time:cheers:

D

Deleted member 20519

What was the route like? Recommended? Hope you all had a great day out :biggrin:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
I thoroughly enjoyed today's ride out over the Rigg - this was the route. The highlights for me were the chocolate, fruit and marzipan cake :hungry: , being attacked by wheelie bins in Prestonpans :ph34r: (got be some sort of genetic mutation ;)), the amazing scenery, getting a PR on the 17% section of the Rigg :wahhey:, and the great company as always when CC folk get together :hugs:

Thanks to @Telemark for the cake which fuelled my PB! The ride to Gifford seemed to fly by, I'm sorry you weren't with us for longer. I hope your solo ride home wasn't too much of a slog. We only had to endure a severe headwind for the final 13km from Aberlady to Musselburgh.

Now for a wee Hoegaarden ^_^
Cheers guys, here's to the next time:cheers:

Wheelie bin attacks! :ph34r: Hope no contact was made :B)...

+1 on the great company & scenery ... I was gutted I had to turn back, especially as my other social this afternoon was cancelled at the last minute :sad:. But I had a nice amble back on a slightly meandering route along B roads, minor roads (Pishwanton, Long Newton, E & W Saltouns) and the Pencaitland-Ormiston railway track, making good use of tree belts & hedges, so the head wind wasn't too bad...
Saw 1 stoat bounding across the road, several buzzards, quite a few cyclists, purple heather on the hills, some giant wild raspberries (OK, didn't just "see" them :mrpig:). The views across East & Midlothian were stunning, all the way across to Fife :thumbsup: and the first combine-harvested fields of the year ... 77k in total for me ...

Got home dry, just before a big shower hit :wahhey:and was wondering whether it would cross your path ... seems it did! :rain:

The pace on the ride was much faster than any CC Ecosse rides I'd been on ... not complaining though, it was good to push myself to go faster, normally I just use my gears a bit more on the hills and twiddle with no real effort expended :blush: ...

Glad to be of assistance for PBs on 17% hills, I charge a reasonable rate, and the products are guaranteed not on the list of banned substances :thanks:;)...

Looking forward to the next ride ...

T

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Great day out as always with CC Ecosse, really enjoyed it.

Enjoying Telemark's home baking:
20130818_110031.jpg

A view from somewhere up in the hills:
20130818_122458.jpg

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
where the hell am i?
Assume you aren't still somewhere on the hills of East Lothian ...:whistle:

Top Bottom