results - all do as well as you hoped?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thomas

the tank engine
montage said:
I didnt get any as school has a stupid system for AS levels.... you guys all do well?

Are you getting your AS levels next year? I had that with one subject when I was doing mine as it meant we got another couple of months to finish off some work. Only needed it because one teacher was "ill" for about half the year.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
****ed up.
But, there is a positive side to it. Think i know what i want to do now after 6th form, and going to start sorting that out soon if i can.
I wanted to leave 6th form and start it this year, but i think im too late to do it this year.
I am tempted to leave 6th form and get a job if i can though, but mum says i should stay on, carry on with the next year, redo one and hope that this will look good to a company.
Not so sure about that bit though.

Results are ****ing **** though, well, one is pretty good.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
threebikesmcginty said:
I thought everyone passed these days!!

Everyone passes because the failures are screened out at exam entry registration time or are withdrawn after this cut off date when it becomes apparent that the candidates have no chance of passing.

For many students the results are not a surprise as they have been doing modular exams with a substantial coursework element e.g. Business Studies and ICT and, subject to moderation/confirmation, the grades are already known to the students.

There are the occasional bombshells though. As a moderator, I once marked down a batch course work from grade A to fail because of flagrant plagiarism and uncredited use of third parties' work. I felt gutted on behalf of the candidates as they's have been 'promised the 'A' I was also furious that a teacher could mark and submit work that clearly breached the rules and clearly failed to address the assessment criteria. My moderation was not challenged and I sincerely hope that the teacher concerned had a lot of explaining to do.

vernon said:
There are the occasional bombshells though. As a moderator, I once marked down a batch course work from grade A to fail because of flagrant plagiarism and uncredited use of third parties' work. I felt gutted on behalf of the candidates as they's have been 'promised the 'A' I was also furious that a teacher could mark and submit work that clearly breached the rules and clearly failed to address the assessment criteria. My moderation was not challenged and I sincerely hope that the teacher concerned had a lot of explaining to do.

Brave choice! There are massive with plagiarism in higher education, and yet we are discouraged from really battering people who clearly are taking the p*ss...the evidence has to be absolutely unequivocal...

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
rich p said:
Is that A levels Joe, or have you a year to go?

Still got a year to go.
I want to be/try to get an apprentiship being a fridge engineer on the industrial side, got a company to write to, and im going to look for some more to look to.
Failing that, ill look into being some sort of electrician and doing an apprentiship in that.
My GCSE results were pretty good, but as my mum has said the last year hasnt been a good one for me.

But never mind. Its done now, got another year to get better grades(although i still want to not go back to 6th form and just get a job and look for the apprentiships i want) but maybe i should get the beter grades so i seem better to the companies i write to.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Kirstie said:
Brave choice! There are massive with plagiarism in higher education, and yet we are discouraged from really battering people who clearly are taking the p*ss...the evidence has to be absolutely unequivocal...

I felt absolutely awful when trawling through the sample. As each additional script added to the evidence base that fraud/cheating had taken place my feeling of nausea and anxiety increased. It was the most stressful exam related experience that I have had and they weren't even my kids or school.

Top Bottom