results - all do as well as you hoped?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iLB

Hello there
although to be honest i'm not going to have much money to spend on bike parts i don't think ;)

who do you ride with then marin?

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
ilovebikes said:
although to be honest i'm not going to have much money to spend on bike parts i don't think :whistle:

who do you ride with then marin?

Im sure you can make enough cash out of drinking games (i have one which always works if you want to know via pm ;) ) . Also build up a crappy fixed, challenge a lode of sporty looking people to races here and there (i.e. race you to the end of this road) .... you win, they owe you beers, jobs a goodun.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I ride CycleSheffield and occasional CTC rides. They are both cycling organisations rather than cluby club clubs and spend a fair bit of time arguing about campaign issues and rather less time cycling than I'd like. I also know a guy who does fairly bonkers urban rides every so often. Anyway cycle chat maybe doing a Strines ride in September if you want to meet famous people like Longers.

iLB

Hello there
marinyork said:
I ride CycleSheffield and occasional CTC rides. They are both cycling organisations rather than cluby club clubs and spend a fair bit of time arguing about campaign issues and rather less time cycling than I'd like. I also know a guy who does fairly bonkers urban rides every so often. Anyway cycle chat maybe doing a Strines ride in September if you want to meet famous people like Longers.

yer i just dug up that thread ;)

i can't wait to go now, i'm going to be living in the Ranmoor village apparently, along fulwood road -if that means anything to you...

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Certainly does. You're about a mile and a half from bombing up the Mayfield Valley and one of the designated routes into the Peaks.

P.S. You have to bring Aperitif with you on the Strines ride, he's famous and he'll listen to you if you say he has to come along.

bonj2

ilovebikes said:
no decent cycling shops ;):ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy: dont say things like that :evil::sad::laugh::sad:

isn't there a planet x show room in doncaster, is that any good?

and yes i was thinking sheff rec looked good, and theres a club at the university too, i just have to perfect sneaking the bike in and out of halls :biggrin:

It isn't a showroom, it's a warehouse+workshop on an industrial estate, and they like to keep it discrete so it isn't easy to find. although i've been there. they might show you round if you asked, but their bikes are online.

bonj2

ilovebikes said:
yer i just dug up that thread ;)

i can't wait to go now, i'm going to be living in the Ranmoor village apparently, along fulwood road -if that means anything to you...

on the west side near the peaks. broomhill your nearest studenty area with lots of bourgeouis cafe culture etc.

oh and keep your bike in your room chained up. Don't want to worry you - it's not that sheffield's particularly notorious for bike theft, not as bad as london, but any city + student accomodation is fairly risky.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Sheffield CC ilovebikes?
Saw them today at the Cafe in Elton, they might be good to join and ride with, looked like there were quite a few of them.

Top Bottom