Ribble

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ShinSplint

After almost 2 months wait ;) the Ribble landed last Thursday. Done loadsa miles already, and loving it ;) ....

Ribble004.jpg

RedBike

That looks sweet.

Both the bar tape and white tyres are still white too! ;)

Moose

What a beauty!!

I'm really glad you've posted a picture, I have one on order through Cycle Scheme and wasn't sure how it'd look in 'standard' trim and I think yours looks the business.

How is everything? Feel the need to change anything yet? How does it ride?

MajorMantra

Argh, you're killing me! I've really got to go back to Edinburgh to ride mine... It's been sitting in my flat unloved and unused for 2 weeks since arriving.

Matthew (who's half wishing he'd gone for the white bartape now)

EDIT: Btw, what do you think of the stock tyres, the Rubino Rigids?

OP
OP
S

ShinSplint

Cheers peeps :sad:

Moose said:
What a beauty!!

I'm really glad you've posted a picture, I have one on order through Cycle Scheme and wasn't sure how it'd look in 'standard' trim and I think yours looks the business.

How is everything? Feel the need to change anything yet? How does it ride?

Got mine through the Cycle Scheme too :laugh:

I had actually ordered the standard black tape and tyres, but having looked about at so many bikes, I ended up changing my order ;)

Happy with the whiteness myself, all personal preference though.

Very happy with the ride, just one slight issue when I first went out - something was loose up front... turned out to be a loose headset thats all. Ribble explained to me that they often need tightening after a week or so, its just that mine must have started out a bit loose.

I've gone from a 10 yr old Giant Team ONCE, and they're completely different animals. The Ribble si obviously much lighter, and despite the thinner tyres (23 as oppose to 25), its a more comfy ride.

Acceleration is superb, very responsive (mine is the Centaur 10) I can get up the climbs a lot quicker. Handling is spot on too.

Major Mantra, the tyres seem fine. I know they're only cheapies, but they do grip well in the dry. I've chucked it into tight bends at speed with no issues (i've not ridden in the wet yet).

OP
OP
S

ShinSplint

I should mention, the saddle isnt the standard one. I bought myself a San Marco SKN. I'd ordered the white one to match ;) but they only had black in stock... sheesh ! :sad:

adscrim

Veteran
MadoneRider1991 said:
looks nice how much did it cost :sad:

1059 fro the centaur, 1099 for ultegra

I've been licking the screen at the ribble website too. Very nice looking bike!;)

OP
OP
S

ShinSplint

adscrim said:
1059 fro the centaur, 1099 for ultegra

I've been licking the screen at the ribble website too. Very nice looking bike!;)

:sad:

There's a fair few nice machines on there now, I agree.

I got mine for £999.99 as I ordered before the increase, but don't forget they slap you for an extra £50 admin charge to sort the Cycle Scheme.

OP
OP
S

ShinSplint

Greenbank said:
It looks so so nice with those FFWD wheels in the advert. The problem is those wheels are another £750!

I have to say, IMO those wheels take it OTT. But thats just may personal taste.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Cracking Value. Deep section wheels are blooming awful if you live in the Peaks - far too gusty here to take in the hills.

Damn fine looking bikes, I like the paint scheme.

Top Bottom