Ribble

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ben M

looks beutiful.

when you're on the drops with your head tucked down, are you not in masses of pain? your seat's pointed upwards rather than down :biggrin:

or is it just me that points my seat down slightly to relieve the pressure?

OP
OP
S

ShinSplint

Ben M said:
looks beutiful.

cheers mate :smile:

when you're on the drops with your head tucked down, are you not in masses of pain? your seat's pointed upwards rather than down :biggrin: -

if you look at the lowest part of the wheels, then back at the seat, you'll see that the saddle is level, if not pointing slightly downwards. In any case, since that photo i've tinkered with the setup, and both the saddle and bars are in slightly different positions.

or is it just me that points my seat down slightly to relieve the pressure?

I initially pointed it down too far, and found myself gradually sliding off :biggrin:

Unfortunately after last night and this morning's wet ride, the tyres are no longer white :biggrin: :biggrin:

OP
OP
S

ShinSplint

Ben M said:
Ah okay, I thought that you must be some sort of steel crotched demi-God :smile:

To be honest, the only thing that kept me from road cycling before was the prospect of the riding position, and the potential discomfort to the bollocks... but thankfully im finding it ok. Though, I don't know how these Time Trialers do it :tongue: There's no way I could get right down that far on some tri-bars comfortably. :biggrin:

Breedon

Legendary Member
That is truely orgasmic.
I bet you couldnt stop touching it when it came and did you lie awake at night thinking about your new love?

I sense the need for a new bike hahaha

OP
OP
S

ShinSplint

Breedon said:
That is truely orgasmic.
I bet you couldnt stop touching it when it came and did you lie awake at night thinking about your new love?

I sense the need for a new bike hahaha

:ohmy:

T'was was a sunny Thursday morning I was sat at my desk, as the light reflection of the parcel force van shone through me...

getting a little excited I didnt know where to look, a rather large box appeared from the van, and within minutes, it was sat next to me, in my office, just waiting to be ravaged...

we were sat together all morning, and I promised myself I would wait until lunch time to break into her, but I couldnt help myself, bit by bit, I peeled more off... having a little peek every so often...

I could'nt hold back any more and dived right in, to find the lovely glistening, almost moist looking, frame.. .:tongue:

:smile::laugh::smile:

Yeah, its a decent bike mate :smile:

Breedon

Legendary Member
LOL i hope you ride hear with loving care mate, thats a very nice weight, and a very nice bike.

OP
OP
S

ShinSplint

Breedon said:
LOL i hope you ride hear with loving care mate, thats a very nice weight, and a very nice bike.

I certainly will do mate, actually, she got soaked yesterday on the commute home, so she will be be cleaned up later today.... though, I do like em dirty :smile: :smile:

Al Fowler

Ive got one of those!

What an amazing bike.

Im new to road bikes so to me its like going from a lada to a lambo.....bloody rapid as well.

Only thing that bothers me is that there seems to be a sort of rattling/vibrating noise coming from the front part of the bike ( i know nowt about bike so cannot tell you which part)

Perhaps i should bob it down to the shop and get them to check it....something may be lose like you said at the start of the thread.

Ive only done two 12 milers and two 30 milers so far....wont get chance to use it this week but im going out for a ride next friday with a few friends.
Slightly worried because we're doing a 100 miler....ive only ever cycled 49 miles before....i think im going to need to plot and exit route and maybe just do 60-70.

Still, i loooooooove my bike

OP
OP
S

ShinSplint

Al, its very likely a loose headset like mine. Its easy to check. Just undo the side bolts in the headset, then tighten up the top bolt (the one going down through the centre of the headset), then re-tighten the side bolts.

Despite the positive comments on the Ribble, which are appreciated, I have to be honest, and say im not impressed with their mechanical work.

Between me and my mate, we've had to basically set up the gearing and brakes. OK, this is obvisouly a straight forward task to some (not me), but at the end of the day this should have been thoroughly checked my their mechanics when putting the bike together. I just get the feeling they're rushing the bikes out of the shop, due to demand, and not paying attention. Shoddy to be honest.

Its a £1000 bike. I would expect any new bike to be properly tested, let alone one so expensive.

All that said, the bike almost spot on now, and its a superb ride. And I doubt there's better for the money. Its just a shame about the mechanical side of it.

Top Bottom