Richmond Park rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redjedi

Über Member
I thought I would start a thread for people wanting to meet up in Richmond Park and go for a spin.

I will get the ball rolling, as we might have some nice weather this weekend :biggrin: I feel like going for a lap or two (or three :smile:).

I was think of Saturday morning, about 9am. I could do Sunday but I like to sleep in, and the F1 and last day of TdF is on.

Anyone care to join me? You may get lucky and see me have my first clipless moment. I'll be putting on my new Look pedals on Friday night and this will be my first ride with them.

This won't be London Dynamo training pace, so riders of all abilities are welcome to join.

Rhys_Po

Would do, but I cycle Richmond Park every bloody day. There's only so much deer-shoot you can scrape off .....

OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
Rhys_Po said:
Would do, but I cycle Richmond Park every bloody day. There's only so much deer-shoot you can scrape off .....

I've never run over any Deer s*. We're going to be using the tarmac, no off roading for me.

User1314 said:
What about....

....evening rides round the park?

I'm not doing anything except mooching about at home Mon-Thurs, mostly.

I'll be up for mid-week evening rides as well. Not tonight, as I'll be watching Le tour highlights. I could probably get there for about 7ish during the week.

ianrauk said:
Would have loved to join you mate, but off down to Dover with Flying Dodo's ride

No probs mate. It's an open offer, so another weekend (or evening). I want to go this weekend as I'm working next week, then it's the FNRttC.

I concidered doing Dodo's ride, but I can't get away for the whole day.

Wondered where you have been Luke! I'm working this weekend unfortunatlement...you're butt must have calmed down from the Dunwich mauling by now and you are coralling more punishment.:sad:
Hope the bike is going well and that London Dynorod don't roll over you all...:smile:

OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
I'm always around, just haven't posted as much recently.

My arse has finally recovered and I have replaced the torture device with something a bit comfier.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
I, believe it or not, will not be on the lash, followed by copious amount of cheesy chips topped with kebab, this friday night, for like the first time ever, and I need to build my fitness up again too, so, Master Jedi, in the words of Peter Jones, am in!

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Does he... Whoops! I think I said I would go if it was a Mouseketeer jobby, but I dont think no one replied from our "clan" so I've not focused on it..

Whoops!

Ill check the thread!

Fancy being my PA? lol!

OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
Davywalnuts said:
Fancy being my PA? lol!

:biggrin: That could be the easiest PA job in the world.

Booze, Kebab, Sleep, Booze, Kebab, Sleep, Ride, Kebab, Sleep....

Looks like it's just you, me and a park full of Richmond's finest eye candy :tongue:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
hahahaha! There are women to fit in between kebab and sleep however! lol!

Cool, and ohhhh yes!! Tot tot totties!

Ive got a slight glitch however... but dont panic! My badly worn down almost useless cleats have now just become obsolete completely in my lunchtime cycle! But!!!! I am picking up a new pair from my LBS in Whitton... they open at 9am however.. so it means I wont be over until say 0940hrs? This okay?

OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
No problem for me. Are you going to the LBS then home, or taking your bike to the LBS then straight onto the park?

If you're going straight from the lbs, we can meet by the Richmond hill entrance.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Ta!

Cycling to LBS, changing them over, quick perv at what they have in stock, then off to R.P. for more pervving...

R.Hill entrance is fine by me. Ill be cycling in on the A316 then will cut in through town. What bike you riding now?

Davywalnuts said:
Ta!

Cycling to LBS, changing them over, quick perv at what they have in stock, then off to R.P. for more pervving...

R.Hill entrance is fine by me. Ill be cycling in on the A316 then will cut in through town. What bike you riding now?

It's the pink one with black spots as it is an odd numbered day Davy - that's usually Luke's style...

Top Bottom