Richmond Park rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Just seen this thread... can't do this weekend but would be up for future spins :tongue:

OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
I should be there again.

Which way are we going around? I went anti-clockwise on Saturday and barely made it up the hill, not sure I could make it going clockwise.

I need some lower gears :angry:

p.s. First post edited to show new ride

OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
tdr1nka said:
*congrats on the 1,000 post there RJ!*

I'm out of circulation for the next two weeks but I shall be joining you all soon!:biggrin:

:smile:

I notice I was getting close yesterday, I thought I would do something a bit more special than that. Ah well 2000 here I come :biggrin:

Topcats Southend ride is in a couple of weeks.

I've just realised it'll be my first CC ride without a hangover!

Well that's worth a drink by itself :angry:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Will be there...

Although clockwise has the sharper ascent, I think it's easier than anti-clockwise... thats more draining (for me at least). No doubt I'll get dropped like a hot spud on the hills anyway... might have to make the FBA count on downhills! :wacko::eek:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Those hills arent toooo bad.. I always find the drag from Roehampton Gate to Richmond Gate the hardest section...

Tbh, I think we should do both ways.... Ooohhh eerrrrr missies! hahahaha!

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Yes, it is! Equally from Richmond Gate to Kingston gate too minus the last 1/4... Only the cars slow me down!

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Davywalnuts said:
Yes, it is! Equally from Richmond Gate to Kingston gate too minus the last 1/4... Only the cars slow me down!

Yep it's annoying when they overtake on the incline then stick to exactly 20 on the downhill :wacko: I have taken to sitting in primary on the climbs to stop this occuring :eek:

Origamist

Legendary Member
Sittingduck - are you now wearing a polka dot jersey?

CofG - do you want to meet outside the IWM at 5ish?

Redjedi - have you got a new bike?

I don't mind anti - or clockwise - but what's the etiquette for this loop is it a leisurely group ride or a criterium!?

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Oh yes, they over take on the incline, on a double white, then pootle when they see a Deer! hahahaha!

Primary all the way!

Am happy on what ever way and what speed we do... I am sure a few clubs are out Wednesday nights, we could always try showing them who's boss... hehehe

OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
Origamist said:
Redjedi - have you got a new bike?

Yes, lovely new Bianchi. Gears are too high to go up hills though (that's my excuse in early :eek: )

but what's the etiquette for this loop is it a leisurely group ride or a criterium!?
It might turn into a bit of both. Sittingduck has obviously challenged me to a race down Sawyers Hill with that last PM :wacko:

After which I'll collaspe like the un-fit smoker I am we'll re-group and start again.

I think flats are nice steady group ride, but climbs and descents are a free for all.

Origamist

Legendary Member
User1314 said:
I'll be at IWM about 5.10ish at the latest. Try and get there for as near 5 as possible.

I'll be at the 3 Stags pub, next to the traffic lights, just before the IWM, at 5.00pm sharp!

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I never said I was any good at climbing! Only downhills :biggrin:
Oh dear... me and my big mouth :smile:

See you at the cafe in the park tomorrow at 7. Any problems and I'll send a text or call.

Top Bottom