Richmond Park rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Origamist

Legendary Member
I'm still meeting up with CofG at 5, but if it lashes down en route, I will do the dishonorable thing and retire to SW16...

OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
Adrian_K said:
I'll start my making my excuses for slowness - the missus was out tonight so I went for a swim - now she's not going out and I'm sh4gged.

How long do you take to do a lap/how many laps? I'm trying to gauge what time I can get back home.

I have no idea where this café is at RH gate but I'll have a look for a group of loitering riders - keep an eye out for my grey/red Scott.

currently heavy cloud moving fast. I don't mind the odd shower but if it's lashing I'll wimp out.

25-30 mins I guess for a lap. Not sure how many laps were doing, I'll probably just do the one tonight (and a bit), legs are really aching.

The cafe is a wooden building next to the first carpark on the left.

OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
Sittingduck said:
I'm leaving the office now for my 6 mile commute home. Will post a reporter's update on the situation within the hour :biggrin:

And don't listen to Luke about his hill climbing... he knows full well I will be last :blush:

I won't be last up the hills. No granny gear means no spinning to get up them. Instead I'm taking the "stand up and get to the top as quickly as possible" course of action. Promptly followed by a collapse at the side of the road.

Got some rain in NW London now. Drizzle and I'll be there, down pour and perhaps not.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Right so... are people still going to be there at 7, if I come over? Can't get there for half five and not keeen on battling the headwind to get there if I'm to get soaked upon arrival and you boys are about to leave! :biggrin:

BTW the ride home was very blustery, dark looking and rained for the last mile. Seems to have brightened up now though!

EDIT: might be able to get there for 6:30 now...

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Sounds good - will arrive in the cafe car park around 6:30 - 6:45, hopefully. Oh and I've only ever done 2 times laps... fastest was 26 mins dead (clockwise). Can't see me bettering that by much though, esp' not in windy conditions.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Ill leave at 6 ish. Dosent take long for me to come over. Clouds and weather are moving towards RP from here and looking westward its a mix but seems okay.

Rhys_Po

Well, looks like I'll probably be seeing you at some point on my commute home.

However, given that you don't know what I look like, and I don't know what you look like then it's purely academic :biggrin:

Origamist

Legendary Member
Good to catch up with you guys and see the new bikes on show. Hope the rain held off for the extra lap.

OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
Good ride lads.

A few more spots of rain, but not much. Had a bit of a top speed race at the end, which Sittingduck won. I obviously haven't got used to all the gears yet ;) I hit 38.6mph
SD got to 39 something, a PB I believe

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
:biggrin: 39.32! The fastest I have ever been...
Technically Davywalnuts won with a 42 but he was trying to draft me (cheat)! ;)

Good fun that was chaps - we'll have to do it again sometime. Good to see you again and nice to meet you Adrian K.

SD

Adrian_K

Über Member
yeah, nice to meet y'all. I just about made it home before the rain tipped down and it was gretting quite dark, so maybe next time we meet earlier (ahem! davywalnuts) or pick a day with fewer black clouds in the sky.

User1314 said:
I mean nice to meet you Adrian K. Even on forums where the name is written down, I'm as forgetful as Nemo's dad's girlfriend after a night on the lash.

Top Bottom