Richmond Park rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Origamist

Legendary Member
My legs felt a bit heavy today, but if the weather is good next week, I'll be around for a few laps.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
ilovebikes said:
only low 40's?? *must work harder* real thrilss come at 45+ 48.6mph is even better :wacko:

Well!!! I wasnt pushing that much and am still not back to full fitness and my back wheel is still useless and inefficient plus we had a head wind... and I hadnt quite caught SD's draft... and my cleats are still broken..

Besides, you know Ill whip your young arse down a hill any day, boy! hehehe!

Yes, was good seeing familar faces and new! If only briefly.. (due to my lateness)

I do like a good ride around Richmond Park, but every Wednesday will interfear with my "Orange Wednesdays"... But not all the time!

Rhys_Po

Won't be able to join you as I want to get home before the kids go to bed. If you happen to see anyone on a sky blue Pearson Fixie, light blue 'Met' helmet (probably wearing an old blood-splattered rugby jersey) then that's me.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Stupid stupid stupid me!

Engeeeeerrrrrlund are playing Wednesday night! So sorry, no go for this now! Stupid me in forgetting!!

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
User1314 said:
No probs.

If I'm on my own it'll mean I''ll be the fastest Cycle Chatter there instead of the slowest! Which will make a change.

:biggrin:

And all those lovely ladies circulating the park too taking advantage of the men down pub! Lucky boy!

Origamist

Legendary Member
User1314 said:
No probs.

If I'm on my own it'll mean I''ll be the fastest Cycle Chatter there instead of the slowest! Which will make a change.

:biggrin:

I don't think I'll be able to make this, but I'll let you know on Wednesday.

Hope you had a good break!

davidg

I cycled to there for the first time today. 6 miles there, then a counter clockwise lap and then back....

I did the lap in 28 mins (analogue watch!) so will be looking to build on this...I needed my triple ring though (was on a hybrid, have ordered a road bike and waiting for that, hopefully the compact ring will be enough!).

this was at around 9am, bloody freezing

davidg said:
I cycled to there for the first time today. 6 miles there, then a counter clockwise lap and then back....

I did the lap in 28 mins (analogue watch!) so will be looking to build on this...I needed my triple ring though (was on a hybrid, have ordered a road bike and waiting for that, hopefully the compact ring will be enough!).

this was at around 9am, bloody freezing

...in which case david, you'll be up for a big blast around several parks this coming Saturday - the "Park and Ride" ride - from Kings Cross. Get there early, and buy us all coffee! :girl:
http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=43462

Don't be shy - no one gets left behind!

davidg

Aperitif said:
...in which case david, you'll be up for a big blast around several parks this coming Saturday - the "Park and Ride" ride - from Kings Cross. Get there early, and buy us all coffee! :girl:
http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=43462

Don't be shy - no one gets left behind!

nice one. I cant do it though! I have a swimming lesson in the morning (am learning front crawl properly with view to doing a triathlon next year, although I hate running!), and after I am heading up to my parents.....

next time!

bryce

Only just spotted this thread - wave if you see a yellow/ blue Spec steed with yellow bar tape and 'go-faster' Festina decals - am in there most mornings/ evenings. Usual lap is 22 minutes, haven't been sub 20 for a couple of years now.

Top Bottom