England : Norfolk Ride to (probably) the Highest Hill in the Norfolk Fens, Sat 24 June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I'm advertising a short ride here to see if it entices any of you. At about 20 miles, some of could probably ride to the 10am start (reachable by train from Cambridge/London the same morning). After about 11 miles with a river bridge being the biggest climb, we embark on the mighty 2.5m climb at Ongar Hill. I suspect it's the highest hill in the Norfolk part of the Fens but it's too small to show up on the maps I have (even the OS only regards it as an embankment - no contour lines) so I can't be entirely sure!

If you want, you can walk out a bit further to the sea bank and then we'll return to one of the villages and stop at its cafe for probably an early lunch before cruising back to town. Possibly a couple of those who have never done it will take the foot+bicycle ferry across, but I doubt we'll all fit, so the rest will ride the 2 mile alternative route.

More info, discussion and optional booking at

View: https://www.facebook.com/events/1808322236151806

but I'll answer questions here too, of course.

Err, is that this year?
Only asking cos 21 jun is wednesday and this saturday is 24 jun!

p.s. love the idea but it's a bit hilly for me!!! (and too far away)

Reactions: mjr
OP
OP
mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Err, is that this year?
Only asking cos 21 jun is wednesday and this saturday is 24 jun!

p.s. love the idea but it's a bit hilly for me!!! (and too far away)
Fixed - thanks - the included facebook event had it correct.

Yeah, first train from Pulborough would get you here 1021 so you'd have to chase us... and would probably catch us before we left King's Lynn :laugh:

Top Bottom