RideLondon Grand Prix & Surrey Classic (Spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fimm

Veteran
BBC just went down... but back now.
(They showed Chris Boardman finishing the mast start event earler - he looked kind of damp....)

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Pretty much deserted at the start.
IMG_1368.JPG

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Why on earth would Marianne Vos want to ride an amateur sportive?
A bit of training, a bit more exposure, she was in London anyway, and perhaps also a nod to the UCI that many women want to do longer races. There also can't be that many opportunities to do sportives with a field of 20,000.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Any idea why the BBC feel it's appropriate to bung in interviews with all and sundry while ignoring the race?
It's Hobson's choice with the ad breaks on Eurosport

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Any idea why the BBC feel it's appropriate to bung in interviews with all and sundry while ignoring the race?
It's Hobson's choice with the ad breaks on Eurosport
Possibly because a lot of cyclists will be tuning in after a mass ride this afternoon. It's their day too, I suppose.

Looking at the amount of grit and gravel on the roads, and the gingerness with which cyclists were taking some descents, I get the feeling that they were right to drop the big hills for the Ride10086

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Possibly because a lot of cyclists will be tuning in after a mass ride this afternoon. It's their day too, I suppose.

Looking at the amount of grit and gravel on the roads, and the gingerness with which cyclists were taking some descents, I get the feeling that they were right to drop the big hills for the Ride10086
I'm not sure why they'd want to hear what Martin Johnson weighs or that he likes riding a bike but hey ho! You know I like to whinge, DM!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
oIt is popular TV so there has to be something for the general audience. Don't knock it. Not many years ago the idea of a bike race on TV would have been an unimaginable dream. It has come true!
I'm not knocking that, I'm knocking that they miss chunks of the race talking bollix . See post above:smile:

Yes, but even amongst cyclists pro racing is a bit of a niche interest. BBC are meeting the needs of a wider audience. Seeing famous and glamourous people on bikes and saying how great it is has got to be good for cycling.

Top Bottom