Ringo Starr says Macca died in 1966 and was replaced by a lookie likie.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Play Revolution 9 backwards.... :evil:

This one has been around for a long time. I first heard it on a now long-gone Melbourne rock'n'roll radio station sometime in the latter years of the 1970s. It was a full on documentary, presumably bought from US or UK, replacing the narrative with an Australian voice.

It was very detailed, convincing and stupid all at the same time.

I much prefer the list of "spooky" coincidences between the Lincoln and Kennedy assignations from the same era, finishing with "The day before he died, Lincoln was in Monroe, Maryland. The day before he died, Kennedy was in Marilyn Monroe."**

**just to be clear, I regard this as a delightfully smutty joke, not proof of anything.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
This one has been around for a long time. I first heard it on a now long-gone Melbourne rock'n'roll radio station sometime in the latter years of the 1970s. It was a full on documentary, presumably bought from US or UK, replacing the narrative with an Australian voice.

It was very detailed, convincing and stupid all at the same time.

I much prefer the list of "spooky" coincidences between the Lincoln and Kennedy assignations from the same era, finishing with "The day before he died, Lincoln was in Monroe, Maryland. The day before he died, Kennedy was in Marilyn Monroe."
Lincoln was shot in Fords theatre, with the "shooter" later found hiding in a warehouse. Kennedy was shot in a Ford Lincoln, from a warehouse. With the "shooter" found hiding in a theatre.

classic33

Leg End Member
In both cases, the person said to have done the shooting, were themselves shot & killed before being brought to trial.

Lincoln was shot in Fords theatre, with the "shooter" later found hiding in a warehouse. Kennedy was shot in a Ford Lincoln, from a warehouse. With the "shooter" found hiding in a theatre.
Not really

http://www.snopes.com/history/american/lincoln-kennedy.asp
Another "coincidence" that is both inaccurate and superficial.

Booth shot Lincoln in a theatre of the type where live stage shows are held, then fled across state lines before being trapped and killed in a tobacco shed several days later.

Oswald shot Kennedy from (not in) a textbook warehouse, then remained in Dallas and was caught and taken alive in a movie theater a little over an hour later.

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/history/american/lincoln-kennedy.asp#wFxoxMMqD43oWtxx.99

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Check out babs johnsons other stories, she seems really credible...
http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/author/barbara-jennings/

Sigh.

Drago

Legendary Member
The other possibility is that Ringo has been hanging round with David Icke and has caught whatever he's got.

So what's more plausible - a 49year old cover up of the death of Paul MacCartney, or a man in his mid 70's showing signs of becoming a loon?

Cheddar George

oober member
My mum reckons it could be true, this has sparked a massive debate at my mums house. First she said they're was a lapse around this time where they disappeared for a few weeks. Then there is the fact he's really ugly now he's older and not a very good singer. Also the falling out with John Lennon. Yoko was always blamed and my mum reckons its weird that him and Paul fell out coz they were really close so it makes sense that John didn't get on with the new Paul, and left the band. My mum said they were a massive phenomenon, nothing like them had ever happened before and so its unlikely they'd let a small detail like Paul's death put an end to it, as he was the most popular one, and with all the hysteria, it's unlikely that anyone would notice or question it . The family was probably paid off. And Paul's ex Mrs (the one with the half leg who's name escapes me) got a phenomenal divorce pay out, so it could be she knows, and they made her look like a right loon in the press, so even if she had said something no one would have believed her (Lance Armstrong type bullying tactics?) My mum reckons that Ringo still has everything up top so there is no way he would discredit himself now, and there seems to be no trace of the "lookalike" after 1966.

And I'm gonna chuck in my two pennies worth....

What if John Lennon wasn't knocked off by some random mad loony bloke.... But assassinated to keep him quiet?

That's mums for you.

Top Bottom