Saddle Bags

Are Saddle Bags Uncool

• No - They Do A Job, what's the problem?

Votes: 43 71.7%
  • Yes, They look crap, put the stuff somewhere else

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Dunno - who cares what anyone else thinks

Votes: 16 26.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

outlash

also available in orange
If it helps, my brother in law who started riding last year said to me when he saw mine, 'you can't have that, it's not in the rules'. He's ridden his bike 7 times since August.

Tony.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Carbon road bikes have no way of fitting a rack, so there's no way to carry luggage and you can't tour on one.
carre des vallees 2013 008.jpg

Is that a Carradice Barley on the back? I do believe it might be...

tyred

Legendary Member
I rode approximately 5 miles once with a rucksack containing a 35mm SLR, an assortment of lens and a tripod. My sister had asked me for some photos of a local landmark and I decided to do it properly. My back was sore by the time I go there. After wandering around and taking some photos and riding the 5 miles home again, I was in agony. ANd this was a leisurely ride on a sit up and beg 3 speed. I have no idea how people ride a drop bar bikes with a rucksack on their back. I don't want to find out. From that day forth, I have let the bike carry the weight. That's what it's for, to make my life easier.

And that's why the Carradice is my best friend.:thumbsup:

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Used to ride with one but the rattling did my head in. I copied a mate who used a little Alpkit bag in the jersey pocket to put 2 tubes, levers and a multi tool etc into, hey presto, no rattle!

He did the ride across Britain, one of the ride leaders said that it was a bad idea as if he came off his bike and landed on his back the multi tool would do damage, so he changed back to a saddle bag.

He has a point, but I think it's fairly negligible. I've stuck to the pack in the jersey.

Stu Smith

Veteran
:blush:Have a micro Topeak one on my winter bike, but stuff my pockets when out on the carbon..

S.Giles

Is there a committee somewhere that determines what is 'cool' and what isn't? What are its criteria? Is there any way to work out whether something is 'cool' or not on your own?

I need to know these things because I'm at risk of being banished from polite society due to my cavalier attitude and ignorance of what does and doesn't constitute 'cool'.

Could someone please help me with this so that I can also start being 'cool'?

Thank you.

Steve

BigAl68

Über Member
I have a tiny areo one that holds 2 tubes, 2 levers, some self adhesive patches, a couple of zip ties and a multitool. It's on a carbon road bike and I don't care if it's against #29 as it keeps my jersey free for pork pies, my roll ups and my phone :thumbsup:

Top Bottom