Saturday rides in Epping area - early start?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hambones

Hi all, I'm sure I posted something similar to this a couple of years ago but here goes...

Anyone in the Epping, Waltham Abbey, Enfield area who fancies an early Saturday morning ride? 7.30 start for maybe 3 hours? I know of a few clubs that head out but they don't normally start until gone 9 which is unfortunately a bit antisocial for those of us with a family xx(

ChrisM

;)
I'm based in Romford...not too far away...are talking road riding or mountain biking around Epping area??

Tynan

Veteran
E4 Highams Park here and intereted in some rides but 7.30! yikes

maybe, you're right about the family though

Romford to Waltham Abbey? Sounds far to me

OP
OP
hambones

hambones

I actually tend to head out at 6.30 but suggested 7.30 as a compromise. :biggrin:

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised I don't get many takers??

Andrij

Über Member
I might be interested a bit later in the year. I assume the three towns listed are possible starting points - doable when I'm a bit fitter. How hard/fast do you expect the three hours to be?

OP
OP
hambones

hambones

I'm happy to start anywhere near those locations - I live in the Abbey.

At the moment I'd hope for around 16-17mph with a view to upping that to maybe 18-19mph in a month or so.

bad boy

Über Member
Im e6 and would be interested in this !.

Tynan - Highams park hey do you use Heals cycles at all ?, I normaly get my bike serviced there find them really decent, Hammer aswell I see good stuff im a 12 min walk from my seat happy days cmon U irons !!.

Tynan

Veteran
still keen here

hey bad boy, yes to Heales, I live all of 50 yards away, yes, the mechanic certainly knows his stuff

Hammer as well? you and me need to talk if only to watch a game local, I gets spares regular for games

bad boy

Über Member
No worries Tynan I would be up for that, I normally drink in the Black Lion before games then I go and meet the lads in the Stanley after.

Tynan

Veteran
likewise, always in the seats against the back in the back bar (not the bloody function room)

Top Bottom