Sense on a motoring site

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Carlton Reid (of BikeBiz) wrote it, he always makes sense. Well done that site for giving him the platform though.

I have seen this on Facebook, but it seems that putting a "tagline" on that it was written by a cyclist has diminished the message with the twats who have no brain cells

Cameronmu917772

Yup. A smashing read. I don't drive by choice but get very angry when people don't respect my judgement as an other road user

jarlrmai

Veteran
The nasty comments are already having to be removed you can tell by reading some of the comments that are responses to since removed comments, I think they should be left up there.

Globalti

Legendary Member
What do the various bodies who claim to represent cyclists actually do for us in terms of PR? Do they write sensible explanations like this and send them to motoring magazines or post them on motoring websites? When was the last time you saw a rebuttal of that quality written by the CTC for example?

Most motorists consider themselves good drivers and I think that if the cyclist's point of view was made clear to them in those terms they would have a much more sympathetic attitude. Of course the Highway Code warns of the need to give cyclists space but not many people remember that bit.

Top Bottom