Should I get some euros before the referendum?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Careful... his posts tend to suggest he might be a member of the 'Sons of Wee Rab'* and you'll find your house mysteriously burning down in the night, and nails embedded in your bike tyres... ^_^

*the Scottish version of Meibion Glyndŵr.
When posts need footnotes, a reference and bibliography, it's probably time to adjust the content!

snorri

Legendary Member
I will be applying for Scottish citizenship and go and live next door to @Marmion.
OK ....................but next door to Marmion?:eek:

sight-pin

Veteran
I'm sure the £50,000,000 per day could be put to better use than giving it to the EU.
Years ago, before we was entered into the common market anyone could go out and get fair paid employment very easily. this government has wrecked this country, Great Britain pft!! were becoming third world imo

Rant over:whistle:

sight-pin

Veteran
If the country decides to vote to leave the EU is the pound likely to suddenly drop significantly against the euro? Just wondering if I should change the money for our summer tour before the referendum just in case, I'm assuming the pound is unlikely to strengthen much either way it goes?

In all honesty i would think the euro world momentarily rocket against the pound.

sight-pin

Veteran
What £50,000,000 is that?

Yeah... there was never any unemployment before we joined the EEC.

Oh really? Have you ever been to a real third world/developing country?

£350 million per week we have to give to the EU was the report i heard?

So you can manage on £7.50 p/hour?

OK maybe that was slightly exaggerated....:biggrin:

sight-pin

Veteran
You do realise that many of the employment protections that we now have - including a minimum wage - arise as a result of our membership of the EU? If we leave the EU, then the few protections that workers do have could be done away with all the more easily... Why do you think people like Ian Duncan Smith want out?

Are you saying we wasn't managing our country well before 1973 then?. most of what your hearing about leaving is just propaganda imo.

sight-pin

Veteran
Were you alive in 1973? Do you actually understand what the working conditions were at that time and what rights were available to workers?

You're entitled to your opinion of course. It doesn't mean that you're correct however...

I was alive long before 73 ......1950......"Do you actually understand what the working conditions were at that time and what rights were available to workers?" Yes....That's why we had trade unions.

"You're entitled to your opinion of course. It doesn't mean that you're correct however." ...Yeah as are you, I think people are just frightened of change.
it's a bit Pays you money and takes your chance i suppose.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
£350 million per week we have to give to the EU was the report i heard?

The 350m/wk figure has been widely debunked by the likes of Fullfact, and BBC Fact check, and even the UK Statistics Authority have called it misleading. That the Separatists persist with trying to mislead even when it has been pointed out to themshould tell you something about the bankruptcy of their campaign.

Also EU membership is not a zero sum game. What benefit does our (much lower) contribution to the EU gain us, is it worth more than the price? Other non-EU eurpoean countries seem to think so as they are prepared to pay similar fees for entry to the market, even without any decision making ability.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Maybe you should hold off buying the euros as a Brexit could trigger a collapse of the EU.

Yes, I am being facetious, but I figured I would join in with the hyperbole.

MiK1138

Veteran
Whatever the result the £ will strengthen a little after 23/06 its uncertainty that affects markets and the uncertainty will be gone by then(unless we vote leave then imho its uncertainty and bankruptcy for Farmers, Fishermen, exporters, but hey as long we stop Accy,s 12 million Turks thats alright then)

Top Bottom