Show off your Giant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

young Ed

Veteran
Here is my Anthem X2. Not much done to it other than changing the bars, pads saddle and tyres for something that will grip.

20131226_162344_zps48310d25.jpg
oh and nice bike, how old? :biggrin::bicycle:
Cheers Ed

Jody

Stubborn git
what is this obsession with riding MTB after dark? not so with road!
Cheers Ed

Bike bought in November and then I got some lights. Desperate to find out how bright they were after dark so went for a ride round the back lanes. The bike was sat in the house and I hadn't ridden it since buying so I was chomping at the bit.

oh and nice bike, how old?

12 months old. 2012my

young Ed

Veteran
Bike bought in November and then I got some lights. Desperate to find out how bright they were after dark so went for a ride round the back lanes. The bike was sat in the house and I hadn't ridden it since buying so I was chomping at the bit.

12 months old. 2012my
normally you wouldn't ride in the dark though?

what lights are they and are they much good?
Cheers Ed

Jody

Stubborn git
normally you wouldn't ride in the dark though?

what lights are they and are they much good?
Cheers Ed

I have been out of the saddle for a decade or so. I will be doing some night rides along with some commuting so need the lights to get home.

The lights are SolarStorm X2's which are unreal bright and cheap. Its like having a set of Xenons strapped to the bars. I have to run them on low pointing at the road to avoid blinding drivers.

The last set of lights I had took 4 pencil batteries, lasted about an hour and had the output of a cigarette lighter blowing in the wind (90's tech).

swiftylee

Here Is My Upgraded Defy Comp 3

WP_20140214_002.jpg

Cyclist33

is that a Large? I'm contemplating a Defy Composite (or TCR) myself... ML for me!

young Ed

Veteran
New upgrade for the Defy Advanced. Treated it to some Look Keo 2 Max pedals, which of course needed new shoes too.
Also fitted (but can't be seen) a SRAM Garmin mount and some Crud Roadracers to keep it cleaner on winter rides.

12616701063_84c3b75b65_b.jpg
love the way the mudguards are to keep the bike clean not you! :tongue: :biggrin:
Cheers Ed

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
My Defy 2.
I know you've been waiting to see the Zonda wheelset which I fitted yesterday along with a new set of Pro 4s, new chain and new cassette. I should have given the old girl a wipe down first and that saddle bag is particularly hideous, still you get the idea :smile:
ZOE_0003.jpg
ZOE_0004.jpg

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Loving those wheels!!!
How much?
Spanking aren't they. A little over £300 from Wiggle.
Had the stock wheels originally (obviously) changed to Mavic Aksiums as the spokes kept loosening on the originals, worn the rims out on the Mavics so treated myself to the Zondas. Difference is very noticable, much much stiffer and virtually silent. Seem to roll much better too, although I've got that much crap on there at the moment what with mudguards and lights I don't think I'm getting the true benefit yet.
Most noticable thing though is the braking, they actually work now, it's brought home how badly worn the Aksiums were! :laugh:

compo

Veteran
Spanking aren't they. A little over £300 from Wiggle.
Had the stock wheels originally (obviously) changed to Mavic Aksiums as the spokes kept loosening on the originals, worn the rims out on the Mavics so treated myself to the Zondas. Difference is very noticable, much much stiffer and virtually silent. Seem to roll much better too, although I've got that much crap on there at the moment what with mudguards and lights I don't think I'm getting the true benefit yet.
Most noticable thing though is the braking, they actually work now, it's brought home how badly worn the Aksiums were! :laugh:

I'd take them back. Half the spokes have fallen out :laugh:

Top Bottom