Show off your Giant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blazed

220lb+
FINALLY MANAGED TO GET A PROPEL...

CANT WAIT TILL IT COMES TOMORROW

TIME FOR SOME UPGRADES :bicycle: View attachment 62242
Great bike. This will be my next bike in the new year albeit with standard wheelset and 105 instead of ultegra.

Giant-Propel-Advanced-2015.jpg

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
image.jpg
Last photo of my much loved, used and endlessly abused 2004 TCR1 in one piece ....

She's now being stripped for my Rourke build. If I can get the odd-sized Cane Creek headset replaced, She might get reincarnated in another form. The frame is still in excellent shape and with a bit if spit and polish, shines line a new dime.

In the time I've had her, she's TT'd, club runned, credit card toured with a monster saddlebag, audaxed, mud plugged, and and averaged 40mph down Ventoux solid as a rock. She's been a great companion.

However, it was when I swung the leg over the 1982 steel Holdsworth from biggs682 of this parish, I realised that for all her competence, she sadly just lacked a little excitement that essential joi de vie.

Fond Farewell.

silvervanplumberman

Über Member
Finally Finished it...

2014 propel advanced frameset
Dura ace 9000 22 speed
Giant slr integrated carbon aero bars
Giant PSLR aero wheels
Fizik saddle

About 7kg

View attachment 74377
Really nice bike is that.

iggibizzle

Finally bought myself a modern bike! To be used for long rides into the country. Keeping the steelie for daily use:becool:

Giant defy 4 in metallic blue. Was on offer in local shop. Was going to maybe get a defy 5 or an equivalent from another manufacturer. But came back to giant. (Had giant mountain bikes for about 20years) This worked out cheaper than a 5, even with a fancy pump etc.

Hadn't ridden it by this point. So saddle is way to low in pic. Bit of messing got it right. Felt a bit upright at 1st compared to my retro racer. But once you get going you fly along, but in a relaxed manner :bicycle: not really keen on the White saddle and tape, but will replace when they get overly grubby!

09F8355F-82EF-47FD-A475-D6BD98673C09_zpswy0jwcpc.jpg

GiaMondo

I have a Giant Roam 1 2014 as my road bike

My upgrades are:
Shimano SPD Pedals
Continental Touring Reflex road tyres
Uberbike 160mm floating rotors
Charge Spoon Chromo saddle
Topeak Super Tourer DX rack
Altura Orkney 56 Rear Panniers and Dryline Top Bag
Altura Orkney bar bag
Cateye Velo wireless computer
Cateye LD610 rear light
Solarstorm X3 front light

It is upgraded for function over form as I shall be riding lejog solo unsupported and camping for charity in June. As well as many other solo touring efforts

The picture doesn't show the saddle, rotors or tyres but I don't have a recent photo of it yet

Attachments

• IMG_406122367414032.jpeg
    IMG_406122367414032.jpeg
    173.4 KB · Views: 86
Top Bottom