Show off your Giant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doyleyburger

Veteran
I think one of these will be going on it as well

0061302_charge_spoon_ltd_edition_saddle.jpeg

Good for 20-30 miles but not much more.

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
Some updated photos of my Defy 0, now with black bar tape, Selle Italia C2 Gel Flow saddle, Topeak rear light mounted on bracket for Topeak saddle bag.
View attachment 115431 View attachment 115432 View attachment 115433 View attachment 115434

The bike is also now minus the wheel mounted reflectors and has Shimano SPD/SL pedals fitted. And the bell has been retained as some of the roads/tracks we use are also used by dog walkers and runners so need to have some means of alerting them!
Looking good. I'm toying with the idea of green lizard skins tape or black tape with green cable outers when I fit replacement shifters following an accident.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Finished it now with the addition of the Charge Spoon saddle, new wheelset and a Qbicle rear mudguard

IMG_20160127_155119.jpg

Cool bike and snazzy mudguard!

Would look at the mudguard if they made them for 35mm tyres!

So how effective is that guard ?? Never seen anything positioned like that before? Interested in feedback !
I had a wet and mucky 50 miles last Sunday with that guard, it does prevent a stripe up your back, and does cut down the amount of cr@p thrown up on the back light and saddle pack. It's not so great for those behind you though. I don't think it's worth the full price, but I managed to get it from ebay at just less than half so I though I would give it a go. And our does attract interest if that's what you like.
There are a few reviews around of it if you look and also a slow mo video of it in action

RegG

Über Member
My new Defy Advanced 2, upgraded with hydraulics, Ultegra cranks, Kinesis wheels, GP4000s 25mm tyres. Stock weight was 9.1kg, now currently 8.15kg

Its looking very smart! Was the Ultegra crankset a straight replacement for the original RS500 or did you need to change the press fit bottom bracket for an Ultegra 6800 one? Also, what is the weight difference between the RS500 and the Ultegra (which I believe weighs around 765 grams). Just asking because I am thinking of upgrading my Defy 0 to the Ultegra crankset which has the RS500 and press fit BB similar to the original spec on your bike. As you have knocked nearly a kilo off the weight of yours I was wondering where the savings had been made.

Its looking very smart! Was the Ultegra crankset a straight replacement for the original RS500 or did you need to change the press fit bottom bracket for an Ultegra 6800 one? Also, what is the weight difference between the RS500 and the Ultegra (which I believe weighs around 765 grams). Just asking because I am thinking of upgrading my Defy 0 to the Ultegra crankset which has the RS500 and press fit BB similar to the original spec on your bike. As you have knocked nearly a kilo off the weight of yours I was wondering where the savings had been made.
You save about 200 grams, the rest of the saving was wheels, tyres and tubes. The crank fitted is Ultegra 6750 so not bang up to date. The Pressfit BB will fit any Hollowtech cranks so no change is required there.
If your crank arm looks like this then it will fit
1.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom