show us your aluminium

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Psyclist

Über Member
Might as well add this to the thread :thumbsup: Longcliffe 3.0 2012 with Sora.

p4pb9138751.jpg

davester65

Growing Old is Compulsory...Growing Up is Optional
This is my Electra Townie Original 21D. I got it used with maybe 10 miles on it. The lady said something about her back or something and decided to sell it. It just so happened that I was looking for one at the time. It saved me a few hundred dollars, so I bought it.

It is fun to ride but sort of heavy. It did get me into riding enough to build my endurance up some and get me into the hobby. I still ride it regularly. The frame is 6061-T6 aluminum, the same alloy the pioneer plaque is made out of. It makes me feel like a part of history every time I ride it. :whistle: I have put about 1000 miles on this particular bike.

I managed to clean up my yard yesterday and have been cleaning, adjusting, lubing and adding reflective tape the Townie the past week or so and I figured with the yard and the bike clean that is might be a good time for a few pictures.....yes I do carry pepper spray, that is what that thing on the seat post is. There are some big (and sometimes mean) dogs out in the country on the farms, and sometimes their owners might need a little help training them. I actually haven't had to use it yet, hopefully I never will.

townie1.jpg
townie4.jpg
townie2.jpg
townie3.jpg
Lovin the bike....is it me or does that look like a Raleigh Bomber from the 70's/80's

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Damn, that ^^^ is saucy...

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Could do without that bar tape, yellow tyres and yellow saddle IMO, too many accents, a bit overwhelming for my tastes, but looks like a very nice frame.

montage

God Almighty

I'm waiting delivery on the same bike, just stealth black. How does she ride? Rose and Canyon bikes absolutely blow the competition out of the market regarding value for money, potentially the best aluminium frames out there and super cheap! I can't understand why everyone isn't on one! Black bar tape and that beauty will be lush.

D

Deleted member 20519

New Fulcrum 7 wheels have been ordered so I will need to update in 2 weeks when they're fitted :biggrin:

ss.png

Top Bottom