show us your aluminium

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
This thread has really opened the floodgates. I can see the worlds' bauxite reserves going down fast. I only have one ali framed bike, but it's so boring I'd be ashamed to post it.

ror3h

Here's a crappy phone pic of my Cannondale Synapse 105 out on a cold ride last week.

2013-02-12 14.05.38.jpg

Why does a saddle have to be level?
Basic comfort I suppose. You might well feel comfortable as it is as you've not had it any other way, but simply straightening it might make you go WOW, so this is how it should feel.

Have a look at THIS site about bike fit, it might be useful, it might not, but it certainly won't do any harm.

IMO the general rule is most folk are fine with a dead straight saddle, and in any case it's the best recommended place to start with fitting.

You might need some slight adjustment tweaks from straight, but chances are straight will be right.

FWIW I used to have my saddles like these two pics, and yes they were both my actual bikes and my actual saddle angles. The Trek in particular makes me feel :wacko: now whenever I see this pic :eek:

trekfullbikesshot.jpg

bike1k.jpg

and these are my current bikes, note the difference a few years and a little knowledge makes ;)

caad10.jpg

img1626rd.jpg

monkeylc

Über Member
very good point mate! just took a look at that website.
I'll have a re-adjust tomorrow and let you know.
(did 51 mile last summer with it like that) :ohmy:

No,not over the whole of summer,in one ride!

Jason_flynn

Hi guys,
My first post here, showing my ye old faithful Cinelli, the saddle has been adjusted since, its now a little lower and straighter!
The original bike was given to me by my grandfather, I've upgraded most bits, but the frame and forks are original, no idea what the model is etc... she's heavy but sturdy!

tumblr_mid3nv_Og_WB1rlhdqio1_1280.jpg

Top Bottom