show us your aluminium

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

monkeylc

Über Member
Saddle angle needs sorting, I can not imagine that is optimal for anyone!

Adjusted the saddle this afternoon and went for a ten mile ride but when I got back I had pins and needles in my feet?
this coincidence or me leveling the saddle out?

rockyraccoon

Veteran
Adjusted the saddle this afternoon and went for a ten mile ride but when I got back I had pins and needles in my feet?
this coincidence or me leveling the saddle out?

Very interesting! I also started to get pins and needles in my feet and for weeks I've been trying to solve it following all the recommendations I've read online (I've read a lot about it).. Did you change the seat height? Did you move it back or forward or just levelled it out?

Are you using clipless or flats? A big cause of p&n or numbness is having your cleats in the wrong place and putting pressure on the nerves in yr feet, causing these problems. Could be the case with flats too I suppose if yr pedalling with the ring bit of yr foot...

Friz

The more you ride, the less your ass will hurt.
Just picked up my new ride yesterday. I'm liking it so far.
standalone

monkeylc

Über Member
Very interesting! I also started to get pins and needles in my feet and for weeks I've been trying to solve it following all the recommendations I've read online (I've read a lot about it).. Did you change the seat height? Did you move it back or forward or just levelled it out?

Didn't change height or anything else just made the saddle level?
suppose it could be to high now?

monkeylc

Über Member
Are you using clipless or flats? A big cause of p&n or numbness is having your cleats in the wrong place and putting pressure on the nerves in yr feet, causing these problems. Could be the case with flats too I suppose if yr pedalling with the ring bit of yr foot...

using clipless but has been ok for months? only after leveling seat has the pins and needles started....

RWright

Guru
I just did my spring tune up on my Trek 2.3. I put on new tires, cassette, chain, bar tape, saddle and computer mount. I have never done any of these task except for changing a saddle and a tire. I am pretty good at tires now btw. :dry: I also cleaned and lubed everything I could think of except the bb, I need to do some more reading on that. I think I may need a special tool for it too.

I kept the bike on the shop stand for about 3 weeks fettling but it was fun and a learning experience that will come in handy I am sure. I did learn that even going slowly and deliberately that I can still do some very stupid things, like learning how to fit a new chain for the first time and not choosing your Youtube tutorials wisely and seeking a second opinion video. :blink:

Since it was so nice and shinny and probably won't be again for quite some time I took some pictures. I normally have my seat an inch or so higher but I haven't been on a drop bar bike in about a month and I still have to dial the height in on this seat anyway.Yes I know the bike would look so much better with a black seat but I wanted to try this particular seat and Chain Reaction had it for about 40 percent less than I could find a black one anywhere. On the bright side (no pun intended) I should be able to pick out my bike in a crowd rather easily and I think my ass is color blind anyway. I doubt it will be this bright for anything beyond the near future but that's how it goes sometimes.

This is it without any accessories except the computer mount. I wish it could be like this all the time. (sorry about the shadows from the tree, I am a very novice photographer )
IMG_20130303_151343_zps19338455.jpg

Ready to ride.
IMG_20130304_180053_zps3f191de3.jpg

a few more views.

IMG_20130304_180130_zps4c7f722b.jpg

IMG_20130304_180206_zps3f888435.jpg

IMG_20130303_151512_zpsdb269990.jpg

IMG_20130304_180230_zpsd8156fc1.jpg

And lastly, be sure you put on your sun glasses or welding helmet before you view this last one.

IMG_20130303_151457_zps2ff4cff1.jpg

Boyfrom64

Veteran
That's a very different shape seat you have there RWright. I'm still fairly new to cycling and learning all the while, so why specifically did you want this seat?

RWright

Guru
That's a very different shape seat you have there RWright. I'm still fairly new to cycling and learning all the while, so why specifically did you want this seat?

I got that seat because the one I have been using was just a little too narrow. Steve Hogg is an Australian bike fitter who's site I have been reading while trying to set up my bike. I feel it has helped me with my bike set up thus far. He likes the SMP saddles and from reading on that site, several forums and many reviews, a lot of others seem to like them as well. The jury is still out for me on it as I have only been about 20 miles on it but my initial impression is good. From my understanding getting it set up for each individual can take a little longer but from what I read, once you do it works very nicely. I bought the least expensive one I could find in case it is not for me. :smile:

Top Bottom